1 person liked this

Re: Syncing error - "no space left on device"

Orbfan
Casual Listener
I tried the kill and run again, downloaded in an instant. Weird.

Sharks99
Casual Listener
Same issue here. The message popping up that there is no space left. However, the sdcard is and internal memory are both nog full. Running Cynogenmod for SGS4, Android 4.4.2. The SD is used, verified that, but it stops with 50+GB available.

Peter
Community Legend
How many offline tracks have you synced so far when it stops?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sharks99
Casual Listener
Yesterday it stopper after 21 tracks. But it could be that 100 songs sync and then the sync errr appears stating that the device had no space left. Currently running spotify 1.1.0.113 on Cynogenmod 11, Android 4.4.2. I am 1sure the SD is used because there the offline files are stored.

IIIIkoolaidIIII
Casual Listener

I'm having exactly the same issue as you on CM11 on a GS4 too. Have plenty of space available on Internal and External SD cards, I know it's now using 3.3GB of space with approx 630 tracks synced so far.  I can sometimes get it too sync a couple more tracks if force close Spotify and restart, though this only happens occasionally I usually end up with the error message.

1 person liked this

IIIIkoolaidIIII
Casual Listener

Kus to update this has only started happening since the latest version of Spotify. It was working without issue on the pre hacked version.

1 person liked this

eblackbird
Music Fan

After the push update today, May 30th 2014, I am no longer able to store my offline music on the external SD card. My smal internal card on my Samsung S2 is already almost full already, so downloading to it is impossible, as it gets full after just a few songs.

Please make it possible to store music on the external SD card again, or let me move the whole app to the external SD card.

Or else I can no longer use Spotify, as I almost only use it while travelling or in my car. There are alternatives, but I prefer continuing using Spotify if you fix this.

Solution! 9 people liked this

guidux
Casual Listener

Hi,

I had the same issue two days ago. After upgrade the app android showed up an storage space warning when I was downloading offline songs then I unistall the app but it wasn't enough. This is what I did:

I deleted the spotify cache and save data (Spotify app -> settings -> Delete cache an saved Data).   

Android Settings -> applications - > (look for Spotify app) - > "Clear data", "Clear cache" and  "Force stop"

Delete   Internal Storage - > Android ->  data -> "com.spotify.music"  folder If exists

Uninstall Spotify App

Make sure that you have enough space in sdcard

Install Spotify again

Select a playlist which has few songs and make it offline

Check Internal Storage - > Android ->  data    There mustn't be "com.spotify.music" folder

I hope this help you.

Guidux

eblackbird
Music Fan

Yes!  That did it. Thanks for the solution!

Actually, I have done the same before, but I had forgotten about the deletion of com.spotify.music folder.

I really wonder why Spotify has not found a way to delete the folder automatically during uninstall.

IIIIkoolaidIIII
Casual Listener

It's very common for apps to leave numerous folders lying around when they are uninstalled, it's just lazy development unfortunatley.

SUGGESTED POSTS