Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I was under the impression they had similar features - would help if they did.

You need to have both iPad and an Android device to use all the functions, I think - apparently, there are also differences even between Android devices - apps that work brilliantly on one either are incompatible with another, and, as such, unavailable for your device (as my sister has discovered) or keep thinking that you have pressed close when you have pressed start or whatever.

Problem with putting all features on all devices would be that it might crash on some, or display unusual patterns of behaviour - they need to be thoroughly tested on all devices before being released - have them running for most of the day to ensure your device doesn't crash after a while - with iOS, iPhone apps can run in the iPad, but only in portrait mode, but iPad apps written for the iPad don't always work on the iPhone - my eldest sister has an Android tablet called the Joypad or something - most of the apps she wants often tend to display the message "This app is not compatible with your device", or something to that effect - they are somehow not designed to work in all Android devices!

Hey guys. It looks like the new release will make this possible!

that would be awesome.. thanks

Great. The duplicate song warning is very welcome too. My user experience improved a lot. Now the there are still some more drawbacks of Spotify comparig to Google play music. The lack of a integrated music locker sevice, the inability to play songs stored on the sd card and the weird 3333 songs download are still big disadvantages. Although Spotify is much less buggy and with more social capabilities, since it has a free service too and sharing is not restricted to Google+, it's great to share music with friends. Still thinking if I will keep subscription when trial is over. Are there any plans to adress these drawbacks?

It has taken Spotify a very long time, but they are finally beginning to learn and make some progress to catch up to services like Google Play Music. The only clear advantage they have now is a free option and the social factor. Google seriously needs to consider these features.

As for future Spotify updates:

• Music Locker Service -> Very unlikely in the near term, if ever; Spotify does not make money off you playing your own songs (unless they charge you for the storage space).
  • Play Songs on the SD Card -> Unlikely; Spotify wants to be a service for you through which you access only Spotify's content (on which it makes money), not a general audio player on devices. Again, Spotify does not make money off you playing your own songs.
  • Song Download Limit -> Spotify is a slave to its music label overlords, this will not happen unless new contracts allow it. And even then, Spotify has little regard for its power users; again unlikely.

Thick as pig **bleep**. We're talking about the mobile app.

I am using the browser to play and it doesn't seem to be available there either.. 

If you're accessing spotify from your computer, you may just create a new playlist and name it with whatever you prefer, then go to the album you'd like to listen to and do a ctrl A to highlight all of the tracks, do a right click, then click on add to playlist and choose the new playlist you've just created.

it's hard to work with Spotify since they have no customer support 

That's the problem,I shouldn't be forced to use a PC,**bleep** I don't have one & I'm sure the **bleep** NOT buying one JUST for this moronic **bleep**, but you are right people should just unsubscribe for a couple of yrs until they can afford a PC... Stupid **bleep** Spotify,can't believe I was about to pay for this **bleep** thankfully I found this out,making it too much of hasle to make playlist,adding a full album 1song at time yeah right so we spend more time NOT listening & that way you don't have to pay the artist,hope you choke on your greed

Suggested posts