Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bump.

Every Android app for Spotify I've used has this issue. Frustrating. Looking into other streaming services.

Bump.
We need someone from Spotify to actually see this thread, it's just getting downright annoying right now

Unfortunately removing the SD card undermines the purpose of paying for a Premium subscription because inbuilt phone memory is totally insufficient. I have tried this solution multiple times and still have the same old problems with Spotify on Android, namely:

1. Go online to see Menu', when I am **bleep**ing online.
  2. Search on mobile simply does not work ever, all I get is a 'something went wrong'. **bleep** you, Spotify. It's been this way for years. Not being able to search for music on mobile is pretty **bleep** when I'm paying a sub.
  3. Slow loading of Home, Browse and Mixes.
  4. Crashes while playing music in playlists, or navigating playlists, or while navigating the app in general. Blank screens, super slowed up loading speeds and outright crashes.

In my case, the problem has magically solved itself for 99% since I updated my phone (Sony Z5 Compact) to Marshmallow some months ago. Now, whenever I start Spotify, it just does what it should do (with some anomalies, in very few occasions it still says that I'm offline, but in the majority of times it just works). 

Parallel (and probably related), the Chromecast functionality also works much better. 

In other words: it's a weird combination of Spotify and the OS. I wonder if all people who experience this problem have Android, or that it also occurs on iOS. 

"In other words: it's a weird combination of Spotify and the OS. I wonder if all people who experience this problem have Android, or that it also occurs on iOS."

Since a 'solution' (?!?) to the problem appears to be to stop using an SD card for offline storage I suspect it isn't much of an issue with iOS since iPhones don't have external storage.  A better comparison would be a Windows phone.

A solution is also to update Android, so it might have multiple causes. That's why I'm interested to learn if the problem also exists on ios.

I've got the exact same Sony phone and Android version, still have the problem so updating Android is not a fix.

Wouldn't it be great if Spotify had some technical people who could look at stuff like this rather than just leaving paying users to debate it? Crazy talk I know...

Same problem. Spotify on Android, Samsung S5 mini. Very annoying! 😞

This bug should be P1. Please please please look into it asap. 

This is a very trashy issue makes me want to throw my phone across the room. **bleep** this. Get if fixed you lazy **bleep**s

A fools errand here folks. It's a weakness in spotify's back-end. This is an error where spotify just can't handle the load and fails. It's all about their network and back-end and probably has nothing to do with their code, since it works fine and then randomly you'll get this error. 

I don't think this is the case. Their desktop and iPhone apps presumably use the same backend and don't appear to have this issue. Sadly iPhones aren't affected so at this point I think this is very unlikely to be resolved....

Finally was able to solve this problem: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/sulp

It's mindboggling to me how this is still an issue. I contacted the Spotify Cares account on Twitter, but they never replied to me.

Still no solution from #Spotify? This is really frustrating. Having the same issue on my Sony XA1. It wasn't like this before. Why aren't they addressing this????

....aaaaaaand the problem is gone, since I've switched to a new device (from a Sony xperia z5 compact to a Nokia 7 plus). Setup is the same (Android, offline songs stored on the same sd card that I used in my old phone), but suddenly Spotify is always online (and can always find my chromecasts). Apparently, the problem has *something* (I know, but I can't make it less vague than this) to do with your device and OS (and not *only* with Spotify). 

Same hear. **bleep**ing hate Spotify. What is a better service??

Nope. The first logical thing to do that everyone already knows is to update it. Doesn't**bleep**. Spotify is too slow, and has too many errors. And now they made it worse by not having the choice to un-install it. What a bunch of mother**bleep**ers.

Super frustrated with my SONY XA1 purchse. What a piece of **bleep** phone. Never again @ SONY

Suggested posts