Re: "Go online to see menu"

rhymus
Music Fan

A fools errand here folks. It's a weakness in spotify's back-end. This is an error where spotify just can't handle the load and fails. It's all about their network and back-end and probably has nothing to do with their code, since it works fine and then randomly you'll get this error. 

RickP2058
Regular

I don't think this is the case. Their desktop and iPhone apps presumably use the same backend and don't appear to have this issue. Sadly iPhones aren't affected so at this point I think this is very unlikely to be resolved....

planetz
Casual Listener

Finally was able to solve this problem: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/sulp

mynameisnotgary
Casual Listener

It's mindboggling to me how this is still an issue. I contacted the Spotify Cares account on Twitter, but they never replied to me.

Mabrooke
Regular

Still no solution from #Spotify? This is really frustrating. Having the same issue on my Sony XA1. It wasn't like this before. Why aren't they addressing this????

ingejanse
Roadie

....aaaaaaand the problem is gone, since I've switched to a new device (from a Sony xperia z5 compact to a Nokia 7 plus). Setup is the same (Android, offline songs stored on the same sd card that I used in my old phone), but suddenly Spotify is always online (and can always find my chromecasts). Apparently, the problem has *something* (I know, but I can't make it less vague than this) to do with your device and OS (and not *only* with Spotify). 

Mabrooke
Regular

Same hear. **bleep**ing hate Spotify. What is a better service??

Mabrooke
Regular

Nope. The first logical thing to do that everyone already knows is to update it. Doesn't**bleep**. Spotify is too slow, and has too many errors. And now they made it worse by not having the choice to un-install it. What a bunch of mother**bleep**ers.

Mabrooke
Regular

Super frustrated with my SONY XA1 purchse. What a piece of **bleep** phone. Never again @ SONY

SUGGESTED POSTS