Highlighted

i have a car with android auto but i cannot find spotify. It only has google play music??

Regular

I recently bought a 2015 VW golf which has android auto installed. I have connected my phone, (which is an HTC One M7) and android auto seems to work fine. The only issue is that a cant seem to find spofity. I have pressed on the music button but the only option that comes up is google play music?? 

I would be really grateful if someone could help me. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: i have a car with android auto but i cannot find spotify. It only has google play music??

Roadie

Hey, that's strange. Okay, this might sound like the mundane response but have you tried the classic, uninstalling *both* android auto and spotify on your device, then reinstalling them afterwards? 🙂 

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Highlighted

Re: i have a car with android auto but i cannot find spotify. It only has google play music??

Roadie

Hey!

On my 2015 Skoda Fabia... well VW Polo, I too have AA. In my case I have to press the music button twice. Once to go into Google Play, then once again to bring up the list of available apps. Once Spotify is selected, you shouldn't have to double press in the future. Hope it works,

Cheers, Jon

Highlighted

Regular

Hey!!

thanks, ill try it next time i go for a drive and ill tell you if it works or not 🙂

Highlighted

Roadie

Please do, I hope it works 🙂

Cheers, J

Highlighted

Regular

Hey!, 

I tried doing what you said and a list comes up but it still only has Google Play Music on it? I have spotify on my phone and im logged in so i dont know why it isn't working.

Cheers

The list that come upThe list that come up

Highlighted

Regular

Hey!, 

I tried doing what you said and a list comes up but it still only has Google Play Music on it? I have spotify on my phone and im logged in so i dont know why it isn't working.

Cheers

The list that comes upThe list that comes up

IMAG0040.jpg
Highlighted
Solution!

Roadie

Hey, that's strange. Okay, this might sound like the mundane response but have you tried the classic, uninstalling *both* android auto and spotify on your device, then reinstalling them afterwards? 🙂 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Regular
Hey, thank you so much for the help!!. turned out all i had to do was reinstall both apps (who knew it would be something that simple).

Cheers
Highlighted

Roadie

Haha, glad it's sorted, and you're most welcome.

Cheers, Jon

Highlighted

Regular
I have discovered the same problem but unfortunately cannot reinstall Spotify as it crashes and reboots my phone. Maybe it's something to do with it being preinstalled? Reinstalled Android auto and that doesn't help.
SUGGESTED POSTS