Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Doesn't look like you have a premium account.

Turned out i was subscribed to Spotify Unlimited, not Spotify Premium. You can disable shuffle on a desktop with Unlimited, but not on a mobile. I have now upgraded to Premium.

Thanks for your help guys.

The problem is shuffle play is always there in a big green button. After turning it off, the only play option is to click a song instead of the play (shuffle) button.

When I toggle the shuffle icon to grey, it just invites me to upgrade, 

and the only option there is "Got it"

Thanks for the help though

thanks !!  its annoying  , what a stupid   thing not to tell people!!!

I just can play music only when i press the suffelplay buton

would it kill spotify to just have say PLAY and not even mention "shuffle"?

But how do I disable Shuffle Play permanently? Do I have to do this every time I want to play an album?

Btw; I have premium

It DOES work but only in Premium.

But you still have to disable shuffle EVERY time you want to play an album on iphone?

Thx for help. Spotify should reeeally make the shuffle function more intuitive and easier to turn off. I almost discontinued my subscription because of this...

Marked as solution

Hi,

I have the Free Account for the Iphone 6s Plus.  But when I press this button Spotify tells me that "You discovered a Premium Feature", in other words it tells me to upgrade to Premium.

Do you guys have Premium account?

Thanks.

@user-removed wrote:

This seems to be a very common issue so outside of Spotify changing the behavior, I'm going to post a separate topic based in THIS thread.

The problem is once you press the shuffle button, the app will play all subsequent playlists in shuffle mode until you disable it.  However, disabling this function isn't as intuitive as it should be.  Otherwise, the aforementioned thread wouldn't be so large and growing.

shufflebutton.jpg

Here's how to disable it.  While you're in a playlist, at the bottom of the screen the name of the artist and song appears.  To the right of it, the play or pause icon appears.  

list.jpg

1. Press anywhere in the red circle below (in other words, don't press the play/pause icon).

s1.jpg

2. This will bring up the album cover with even more options towards the bottom of your screen.  See image below.

s2.jpg

3. At the very bottom will be your song options (play/pause, rewind, advance forward, etc).

4. Look to the very left of the play and you will see two more icons right below the timeline. These are the repeat and shuffle icons.

5. The shuffle icon is above the repeat icon.  If it's green, it means shuffle is enabled.  If it's white/gray, it is disabled.  Press to toggle.

Example below with shuffle enabled:

s3.jpg

And when toggled, now shuffle is disabled:

s4.jpg

Shuffle play can only be disabled if have Premium account; stuck with shuffle if free account. Following above instructions allows choice to shuffle or not, as long as have Premium account.

I have the same problem. I just pressed the 7 day free trial of premium and then i could choose to not have shuffle. Its a stupid design i think to force you to have a premium just to toggle a function that is activated upon installing the app. I don't know if the app will toggle it on again in 7 days when the trial has run out cause if it does i am sticking to spotify on PC and youtube on the phone 😛

Help how bout in iphone pleaseeee

Please add my thanks to the gang of slightly aging Spotify users who couldn't disable suffle.  We honor you.  Sue G., Farmington Hills, MI

How do you disabl SHUFFLE PLAY when you do not want to go to premium?

@user-removed wrote:

This seems to be a very common issue so outside of Spotify changing the behavior, I'm going to post a separate topic based in THIS thread.

The problem is once you press the shuffle button, the app will play all subsequent playlists in shuffle mode until you disable it.  However, disabling this function isn't as intuitive as it should be.  Otherwise, the aforementioned thread wouldn't be so large and growing.

shufflebutton.jpg

Here's how to disable it.  While you're in a playlist, at the bottom of the screen the name of the artist and song appears.  To the right of it, the play or pause icon appears.  

list.jpg

1. Press anywhere in the red circle below (in other words, don't press the play/pause icon).

s1.jpg

2. This will bring up the album cover with even more options towards the bottom of your screen.  See image below.

s2.jpg

3. At the very bottom will be your song options (play/pause, rewind, advance forward, etc).

4. Look to the very left of the play and you will see two more icons right below the timeline. These are the repeat and shuffle icons.

5. The shuffle icon is above the repeat icon.  If it's green, it means shuffle is enabled.  If it's white/gray, it is disabled.  Press to toggle.

Example below with shuffle enabled:

s3.jpg

And when toggled, now shuffle is disabled:

s4.jpg

No shuffle button

Thank you so much!! This is the only thing that helped me turn off shuffle. YOU DA GOAT!!! 

Suggested posts