Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

@TheRightDan wrote:
Thanks Peter - your post gave me the motivation to persevere. Removing & reinstalling Spotify solved my issue! 🙂

Glad I could help! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My problem is that even if i push the "i" button there is no shuffle button to push, what to do?... It's driving me crazy

@Marly Do you have a premium subscription? Which device and iOS version?

@jwylot I have premium on my iPhone with iOS7..

What about the latest Spotify remote iOS version 2.1.1? I have checked all my playlists, shuffle is not activated. I have tried what you described but it does not work. It always plays everything by random. I have de- and reinstalled Spotify on my Mac, the Remote Helper on my mac and the Remote App on my phone. The shuffle is still activated. How can I turn this off in the latest App version? Much appreciated!

can you help as well for the remote app version 2.1.1.? much much appreciated!!

That application isn't made by Spotify themselves. Hopefully a member of the community will be able to lend a hand.

Peter

Thanks anyway for the answer! Unfortunately no answer to this thread could help me so far

Where exactly is this Shuffle button?  I'm afraid I don't see it when I click on the "i" (see below)

image(2).png

image(3).png

Are you using Spotify free? If so shuffle is always on and you can't turn it off.

Peter

I fixed all my problems by using a different app

Dear Peter: I have spotify premium and I use the remote app in version 2.1.1.  Enclosed some pics to show that the layout is different. The first is the playlist. the second is the title played. the third is the titles menue. shuffle there is deactivated

image-1.png
image-2.png
image-3.png

dear slim4372: what app do you use instead for spotifiy to control via iPhone?

If you're using Rempteless and it's not working correctly, you'll do far better to visit the Remoteless support site as this has nothing to do with Spotify. I see someone has already asked this in their forum.

Marked as solution

Dear jwylot: yes I have asked in the remote support site as well. I did see this thread before I found the Remote support site. Thanks

You'll have to forgive me but not only do I not see the shuffle icon in the lower right on my phone I do not see it in the photo below. PLEASE tell me what I am missing here as this stupid shuffle thing is absolutely testing my sanity!

@Jezo2 - The Shuffle toggle option is on the now playing screen in the Spotify iPhone application, which you can get to by tapping on the Now Playing bar at the bottom of your screen and then you can get to the options by pressing the little "i" symbol in the corner of that screen. 

Being able to turn shuffle off is a Spotify Premium feature, so you if you have Spotify unlimited or Spotify free, the option will not appear for you. 

Peter

my iphone app does not have this option. is there another way to turn off shuffle? this is very frustrating 

@cardenl - Are you using Spotify free? If so there is no way to turn Shuffle off, it is one of the restrictions of Spotify free on mobile devices.

Peter

Suggested posts