Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hi,

I have a Yamaha RX-V675 that should support Spotify Connect but I can't get it to work. I don't see the icon on my phone. Only Airplay seems to work.

The reciver is connected to my network through cable and not WiFi but that shouldn't be an issue should it?

Well, the FAQ says "To get started, make sure your Connect-enabled hardware and iOS devices are on the same wifi network and that you have the latest Spotify app. If you don’t see the Connect icon, check your device’s user manual or the manufacturer’s support site as you may need a firmware upgrade."

Maybe check that the Yamaha firmware is up to date and try again?

in the screenshot of the FAQ it shows only an ipad and an iphone - no other device.  This is what I am trying to acheive.  Please make it possible Spotify without having to buy a 3rd device just to enable it on the others !

@nicka99 wrote:

in the screenshot of the FAQ it shows only an ipad and an iphone - no other device.  This is what I am trying to acheive.  Please make it possible Spotify without having to buy a 3rd device just to enable it on the others !

I've asked the team for clarification on this, I want it to work between my iOS devices too!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I do run the latest Yamaha firmware. The receiver I have doesn't have WiFi by default so I would imagine Yamaha to add a little footnote if WiFi was required but I haven't found one.

Hey guys, sorry for the confusion with this. Connect is awesome and we know you'll love it when you get it! 🙂

Could you let us know what version of Spotify you have installed on your iOS devices? (from Settings > About)

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Iphone 4s

IOS 7.0.3

Spotify 0.8.0.57

Ipad 2

IOS 7.0.3

Spotify 0.8.0.57

Both on same wireless network.  I have only a white speaker icon on both devices, not green.

I have tried restarting the devices, a different wifi network, closing and re-opening the apps, logging out and back in - all to no avail.

And yes, I have a spotify premium account !!

I even went to my local John Lewis store last night in the hope of connecting to a Spotify Connect enabled device but they just looked at me blankly and had no idea what I was talking about !

Iphone 5

IOS 7.0.3

Spotify 0.8.0

Ipad 4

IOS 7.0.3

Spotify 0.8.0

Yamaha RX-V675, Connected through cable to my home network.

Firmware 1.20 

Yes, I have premium

Iphone 5 IOS 7.0.3 Spotify 0.8.0.57
Ipad mini IOS 7.0.3 Spotify 0.8.0.57
Ipod Touch 4g iOS 6.1.3 Spotify 0.8.0

Borrowed yamaha speaker with spotify connect (dont remember the model right now)

yenko1 - just to confirm - so yours only started working once you'd connected it to yamaha speaker ?

- does it continue to work even if the speaker is no longer available on the network ?

- what if you move to a totally separate network ?

- in other words, is it a 'one time only' connection needed to 'activate' spotify connect on the account (or devices) ?

I guess what we are after is to avoid this 'activation' process since we dont all have the luxury of owning such a device but should be entitled to the fuctionality since we pay out premium subscription 🙂

Thanks all. We're asking around about this at the moment. We'll let you know when we have some info.

Just to confirm: you won't have to buy a hardware device to use Spotify Connect on iOS devices (and desktop, Android, etc. in future), so don't worry about that.

@Adam wrote:

Thanks all. We're asking around about this at the moment. We'll let you know when we have some info.

Just to confirm: you won't have to buy a hardware device to use Spotify Connect on iOS devices (and desktop, Android, etc. in future), so don't worry about that.

hurray - thank you ! 

one more thing since you are listening -   it seems that Spotify and Sonos couldnt agree on integrating Spotify Connect software into Sonos such that we can send music to Sonos speakers from within the Spotify app using Spotify Connect.  I dont know the exact reasoning or who is to blame but we, the customer, are the losers 😞

anyway - since I dont see this being solved anytime soon - are there any plans to bring out a small/cheap 'Spotify Connect' digital only device which is just a small box with digital outputs (coaxial and optical) that can be used to feed into existing AV/hifi systems (incl Sonos Playbar) ?

Marked as solution

Attention!

Sorry for the lack of communication about this, but as someone suggested earlier in the thread, Connect roll-out is indeed gradual. It's currently at 10% of (Premium) users. We don't want to make any promises about when it'll be available to everyone but you should see it soon enough.

Note: it won't be an update so you'll need to keep checking.

@nicka99 - while I can't comment on any specific plans outside of devices/partners we've already announced, there's a lot of other cool stuff we can do with it, so watch this space!

Edit: forgot to add, Connect hasn't yet launched on Yamaha devices (only Pioneer so far), so you might have a few problems there too. Just a heads up.

Hi,

I don't want to reply instead of Yenko1 but I can tell from my experience in answer to your questions that :

1-  the connection between the iDevices happened only after I connected with a Connect-enabled speaker Pioneer XW-SMA-4K (last firmware). I tried to interconnect my iPod Touch with my iPad only a couple of days before and it didn't work.

2- if my speaker is disconnected, I can still make Spotify Connect work between the iDevices.

3- I didn't try to use the Connect feature in another network.

4- I think you're right that the Connect feature seems account-related and not device-related since I tried to interconnect the iDevices when the Speaker was offline and my iPad had the functionnality without having to connect it with the speaker (that was offline). in other words, only my iPod touch had the first contact with the speaker and after that the iPad had also the Connect feature.

Follow me

thanks Sheugel - time to start roaming the shops trying to find a device I can connect to 🙂

After reading the moderator post, I remember that the speaker I used was Pioneer, not Yamaha. Sorry for the mistake.

Any idea on when the roll-out will be complete?

Hi,

I just wanted to add another confirmation of the approach descried earlier by Sheugel and Yenko1.

I got a Pioneer VSX-923 today and after the firmware update I was also able to go from not being able to discover iOS devices to seeing them in Spotify after connecting to the AVR. Having followed this thread for some time I screen captured the process for those interested (sorry for the pixeleration, but I was not sure on the copyright rules for the album art).

Connect.jpg

I can now also answer a question I asked in another thread regarding the use of multiple premium accounts and a single AVR. If a first account is playing through the AVR, and a second account switch playback to the same AVR, the playback of the first account just returns to the controlling device so there is no problem to share the AVR without having to change login info or similar.

Hi Can anybody confirm whether this issue has been resolved yet? I have just taken out a premium subscription but I cannot "connect"

@P1lts wrote:
Hi Can anybody confirm whether this issue has been resolved yet? I have just taken out a premium subscription but I cannot "connect"

Spotify connect is still rolling out to iOS users, I have got it and confirm it works well so its only a matter of time before it goes out to everyone I would assume! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts