Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hi all, is spotify connect supposed to work on marantz nr 1504 av receiver? I do see the speaker icon in spotify player, but the marantz doesn't appear as a selectable device - only through air play, but that I don't want. Weird thing is, I think it used to work for one day or so.

I would also like to know if this has been rolled out completly or when it will be 100%?

Thanks

@RichardSandee - There have been a few reports the most recent app update broke Connect, a clean reinstallation of the app should fix it for you. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@peter I've tried that, but unfortunately without result

Actually looking around Spotify Connect is only available on a few announced manufacturers. If your does have Spotify support, it may be through the libspotify api rather than Spotify Connect.

Peter

Also, can someone please confirm if it's possible to use Spotify connect if the receiver is connected through wired network (not wifi). I can't really see why it would be "wifi only" but that's a thought that have crossed my mind since it doesn't work for me

Worryingly it does say "on the same WiFi" on the Pioneer help page

Peter

@m97rek wrote:
Also, can someone please confirm if it's possible to use Spotify connect if the receiver is connected through wired network (not wifi). I can't really see why it would be "wifi only" but that's a thought that have crossed my mind since it doesn't work for me

I have no problem with the AVR connected to the router via a wire. My Pioneer AVR don't have wifi built in anyway, although I have run it with Spotify connect both through a wire and a separate wifi bridge. Can also control the AVR with the iPhone over the cellular network.

Hi,
I own a Pioneer wireless speaker and I can tell that Spotify Connect is working if your device is connected to the network via an ethernet wire.
Cheers!
Follow me

@Sheugel wrote:
Hi,
I own a Pioneer wireless speaker and I can tell that Spotify Connect is working if your device is connected to the network via an ethernet wire.
Cheers!

Legend! Thanks for letting us know! 🙂 

Peter

Thanks for the confirmation. So then the question is whether this functionality is being rolled out gradually?

I have asked to see if there are any up to date figures for you guys.

Peter

One thing for sure is that if you get a Connect enabled speaker like some Pioneer ones, you will get Connect as advertised no matter where the rollout stands for other users. As the feature is account related, you will also be able to control your (other) iOS or Android devices.
Follow me

I don't have any connect enabled speakers and I am getting increasingly frustrated that the connect feature is not available to me.

If I pop into my local hifi dealer and try to connect with one of the enabled speakers, will the feature remain enabled in the app later?

Should do, its a cheeky thing to do but I have seen reports on another topic of people doing exactly that. 😛

Peter

As the current amps and speakers support Connect through a firmware update, make sure the tested devices run the latest firmwares (good luck with that). I guess at least a nice seller will make the effort of demonstrating the Connect feature.

Follow me

Any update yet?

What are you waiting on exactly @Stijn ?

Peter

When will the conect function become available without having to have connect specific speakers or by being a 'lucky one'? I presume the rollout is still ongoing - my dads is enabled but not mine?

What wawms said exactly. That is my question.
Ha. That's what most of these posts have been about, isn't it?

Suggested posts