Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me search

Whenever I try to search for music on my spotify on my iPhone it says "oops something went wrong" and then underneath there is a try again button but when I press it nothing happens. I am connected to good wifi and I have even deleted the app then redownloaded it and it still won't work. And now none of my old stuff will load because I can't access the offline music. My playlists page just had the loading symbol and I can't even see my playlists.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen and then try again?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@dundermifflin00 

Oh, I thought you were using the desktop app.

If you are using the web app, then your problem might be totally different.

I've seen other people post that they are having the same problem and what fixed it was using Spotify in a incognito window.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

83 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you try restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen and then try again?

Peter

Thank you so much!

i can type in my search bar, but no related links or anything show up. basically, i can't find new songs. but everything else is working fine. 

I am having the exact same problem! I can type in the search bar, but it doesn't bring anything up. Even when I hit enter multiple times. Were you ever able to get this figured out?

Have you tried restarting your device like outlined above?

Peter

All of a sudden I can't search for music anymore. All I get is an error occured, please try search again.

I can play my playlists, but can no longer search for new music? Is there a problem. I have the free version on Chrome.

It's the same for me I all of a sudden can't search either it keeps saying error I tried restarting it.

Should be all fixed now - shout if not! 😉

Peter

Now my spotify won't let me search. As in you type stuff into the search bar, but no suggestions come up and hitting enter does nothing.  
Spotify for Windows. 

Which version of Spotify (Help > About)?

Peter

I am using Spotify Premium which I am on my free 30 day trial that I just signed up for today. It is on windows 7. It will not let me search for new songs. I can see albums under Discover and click on names or the album and listen however, I cannot get anything to return once I type anything into the search bar and hit enter. Frustrating, please help...

oh and BTW. I have restarted my computer twice and I have even went as far as downloading spotify again just to be sure.

Can you search in the web player?

I am having the exact same problem. Just a new PC; Windows 7.  I can play my existing play lists and "browse" and everything, but I cannot search for new music using the search bar.

HELP!

Same problem here.  Can not search for the last few days.  Using Windows 7 on PC.  Spotify version: 0.9.8.270.g067a69f2

If you are having issues with search on desktop, the Spotify team are collecting some details over on this topic:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Also-having-Search-trouble/m-p/723739/hig...

Peter

I am having the same exact problem with the new update to the desktop version of Spotify. It won't let me search for artists using the search bar. It's extremely frustrating and makes it harder to navigate through the different artists I enjoy listening to. 

I can type in the search box, but then nothing happens. I am not able to search for any new music. 

Is this on desktop @erikajwright ?

If so, try restarting the client (File > Exit and restart).

Peter

Suggested posts