Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

@dundermifflin00 

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I got Premium and then I went to try to search and it wasnt there (the search bar)

Hey @peter can you help me???

I can't fined the search bar on my phone it won't pull up any where please help that wouldbe good

Me too! What's going on?

@chancelees wrote:
I can't fined the search bar on my phone it won't pull up any where please help that wouldbe good

I pay for premium and probably won't be anymore, all I keep getting is error when I search and before someone says try restarting the device I have and I've tried to reinstall the app and I still get error so I'll probably just get Apple music

Okay no restarting does not work I pay for a subscription to get unlimited music but it won't let me search. I've tried everything updating it restarting my phone. Its it frustrating.

I also cannot search for music using the app on my iPhone

This has been happening to me all day on my iPhone 6 (completely updated). I've restarted my phone several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, and made sure that I am updated to the most recent version but nothing has worked.

I pay for premium and it's ridiculous that when I google this issue the only thing I find is a long list of people dealing with this issue over years. I'll give it a few days to give spotify a chance before I cancel my premium service to switch over to Apple Music.

Can't search. Cancelling my subscription. Surprised such basic functionality doesn't work. Quite pitiful really.

Hi,

the solution that works for me on Android: an app killer, such as "ES Task manager" (good app by the way), "kill all" and then it works fine again. much fatser than rebooting. I think that killing all apps from time to time helps anyway.

Regards,

The hard restart didn't fix the problem where Spotify won't let me search when I'm in online mode with strong wifi and a new installation of the app.

Same. And I reinstalled and now nothing's working

When I try to search for music by the time I've typed the 3rd letter spotify throws me out. Back to my phones home screen . S7. I have tried turning phone off. No difference

When I open spotify and try to do anything it says:

"Something went wrong" with a "try again" button below it.

Please help, can't use the app now 😞

Quit Spotify. Go for deezer. It is not as nice in terms of music discovery
but still very good and it works better. Spotify does seem to care much
about clients unless there are millions complaining. I have had this for
years until I quited.

Have the same problem. Throws me out when i try and search.only started once i paid for a subscription!

I cant even search new music on my lg g5. Restarted app and phone and still wont work

It wont let me search music on my android. Restarted both app and device but im still having the same problem

Suggested posts