Lineup Signup
Help Us Fix Metadata - Read more

Won't let me search

Solved!

Re: Won't let me search

Music Fan
‎2014-06-12 03:49 PM

Hey.

I'm having the same problem on my andriod app, all of a sudden i cant search for anything.

Just keep getting the really helpful 'oops something went wrong' message.

So far i have stopped app and cleared all running processes and re-started my device. No joy.

Festival Fanatic
‎2014-06-13 07:28 PM

hi im using spotify on my windows 7 laptop. ive reinstalled it 3 times and checked all my firewall and antivirus settings but whenever i try to look up songs it comes up with a blank screen. search works fine on my ipod and iphone but not on my windows, the browse comes up with a blnk screen but if i click randomnly it comes up with the playlists. any help? please? 

Mary_parkerd wrote:
Whenever I try to search for music on my spotify on my iPhone it says "oops something went wrong" and then underneath there is a try again button but when I press it nothing happens. I am connected to good wifi and I have even deleted the app then redownloaded it and it still won't work. And now none of my old stuff will load because I can't access the offline music. My playlists page just had the loading symbol and I can't even see my playlists.

Festival Fanatic
‎2014-06-13 07:29 PM

hi im using spotify on my windows 7 laptop. ive reinstalled it 3 times and checked all my firewall and antivirus settings but whenever i try to look up songs it comes up with a blank screen. search works fine on my ipod and iphone but not on my windows, the browse comes up with a blnk screen but if i click randomnly it comes up with the playlists. any help? please? 

Community Legend
‎2014-06-13 07:32 PM
Have you tried the steps here?
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-quits-by-itself-every-time-I-open...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Festival Fanatic
‎2014-06-13 07:34 PM

i just tried it and it didnt work :/

Community Legend
‎2014-06-13 10:03 PM

@ma-tt If you're still having problems, please start a new thread over in the android section, thanks.

Community Legend
‎2014-06-13 10:05 PM

@charniikyriacou can you try launching from the command line as described here. If you have any further problems, please post in that thread, thanks.

Concert VIP
‎2014-10-20 05:06 PM

Windows 7 desktop.  Cannot search for new songs.  My account works fine on my laptop.  I've tried logging out.  Closing out.  Shuting down computer.  Uninstall/install.  Still can't search on desktop.

Music Fan
‎2014-10-23 09:41 AM

Im having this issue now aswell, sometimes I can't search on my iphone and now I can't search anything at all on computer(windows 8). But my playlists are working fine.

Thank you in advanced ! :)

Music Fan
‎2015-02-08 07:56 PM
when I click the search icon the whole app just turns off and takes me back to my Home screen. I have the premium.
SUGGESTED POSTS