Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

chucknorris - Welcome to the Community. Please have a read of this post here, it should clear things up.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@chucknorris wrote:

I have a similar problem. I tried to sync playlists onto my ipod. I hooked it up to my computer. Clicked sync ipod with spotify. Clicked backup,erase,and sync. I chose the palylists to sync to my ipod, but almost all of my playlist have a caption on the bottom that says only local files synced. I don't know what to do. Please help me. I have to mkae a playlist for my mom's baby shower before this sunday 4/14/2013

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is it an iPod classic, nano or shuffle? If so, Spotify can only be used to sync local files which you already own to the device (not any content from the Spotify catalogue). Have a read at this post for some more details. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same issue: Spotify (and yes, I have a Premium subscription) will not allow me to sync any offline playlists to my iPod Touch (so no, I am not using Classic/Shuffle/Nano). I've tried the whole delete-and-reinstall-the-app routine, I've tried syncing by having my mac and the iPod on the same wifi, and still it will only sync local files (funny, since there isn't any. I have no music in my iTunes or anywhere else on the mac, yet Spotify insists that a couple of songs in each playlist are local files).

Please help me! For three years now, Spotify has been my music hub. I have a MacBook Air with no DVD/CD-drive - a malfunctioning Spotify means I have no way of transferring music to my portable devices. Syncing offline playlists has been my sole reason for paying for the Premium subscription, and now all of a sudden all of my playlists are empty.

Very misleading on "syncing to iPod" when you can only sync with iPod Touch and not any of the other variations...

Time to cancel membership if I cant workout with my music and have to purchase through iTunes anyway.

Hi,

I encounter the same problem of not being able to sycn the starred songs from the spotify playlist into my ipod classic. Is it suppose to only work for ipod touch that can support a spotify apps? Also for my locals files, 90% of my previous ipod songs are in flac/wav format. This means that i can only sycn the remaining 10% through spotify?

Much thanks.

@user-removed wrote:

Hi,

I encounter the same problem of not being able to sycn the starred songs from the spotify playlist into my ipod classic. Is it suppose to only work for ipod touch that can support a spotify apps? Also for my locals files, 90% of my previous ipod songs are in flac/wav format. This means that i can only sycn the remaining 10% through spotify?

Much thanks.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately, if you want to listen to anything from the Spotify catalogue on an iOS device, it needs to be an iPod Touch or iPhone since those are the only ones which support the Spotify application. 

You are also correct, currently Spotify does not have support for either wav or FLAC files so you won't be able to use Spotify to sync those your your classic. 

Peter

Peter

I have just had the same problem.  Lost all my music on iPod now having to recreate.

Have to say no poin thaving premium if I cannot take my music with me on my iPod classic. 

Hey!

I synced my music from Spotify to my iPod, but the music only shows up in the Spotify app, not my music library.

Is there any way to make it appear in my music library?

Spotify uses its own proprietory system so if all you want is to play local files using itunes, use itunes and not Spotify.

I have premium but my i pod stops half way through syncing every playlist!?! Whats happening?! 😮

Which ipod do you have and how much free storage space is on it? 

Hello,

So if you have an ipod nano or shuffle, spotify is completley useless as you can't sync it with your device?

@conorsul99 wrote:

Hello,

So if you have an ipod nano or shuffle, spotify is completley useless as you can't sync it with your device?

Yup, you might as well sync via iTunes!

Peter

I plugged in my Ipod to my computer in the USB, it wouldn't do anything to my Ipod or say that my Ipod is plugged into my spotify.

Exactly which model/generation ipod are you using @dreffingpepper ?

I don't have a premium acount but shouldn't i be able to put my starred tracks on my ipod touch? (2nd gen) 

Do you have the spotify app on your iPod Touch @12121547555

You can add it into the starred tracks playlist.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts