Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hmm thats strange? 

Do you normally sign into Spotify using Facebook or a Spotify username and password? 

This functionality is irrelevant if you sign in using a Spotify username 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Although useful knowledge, creating a device user name and password does not help as the root cause of the problem/bug is that Spotify requires Internet access to authenticate even when set to offline mode.
Spotify must be aware of this as it has been reported many times and is easily reproducible...
I would settle with the bug being acknowledged and worked on but so far we've heard nothing from Spotify, that's lame

Ok some progress.... 

logged out of spotify on the iPad with Facebook and logged in with spotify account details.

switched to airplane mode and spotify still works.

warm power off and back on still fine 

cold power off and back on also fine

annoying it doesn't work with FB but not the end of the world I guess, have quite a few flights over the next few weeks so if this method continues to work it will be ok.

Tam, are you using Spotify account details as with a Spotify username and password as is the case with older accounts created prior to the FB integration or are you using a newer account type with FB login and a generated linked Spotify device account?

Spotify username and password created pre FB integration. The linked spotify device account doesn't seem to be an option for me at the moment.

Hi, hoping that you may be able to help me - I'm trying to play offline playlists on an iPad air; I've made them available in offline mode on my desktop version of Spotify but when I go into them on my iPad, they are saying unavailable.  I am using the same Wifi and thought they would just autosync?  Sorry if I'm missing something obvious!  I've looked at the online help but it says about an arrow button in top right of playlist and I don't have this.  I'd really appreciate any help you can give me - I'm off on holiday tomorrow and want to be able to  use Spotify whilst travelling.  Thanks!

Hi, hoping that you may be able to help me - I'm trying to play offline playlists on an iPad air; I've made them available in offline mode on my desktop version of Spotify but when I go into them on my iPad, they are saying unavailable.  I am using the same Wifi and thought they would just autosync?  Sorry if I'm missing something obvious!  I've looked at the online help but it says about an arrow button in top right of playlist and I don't have this.  I'd really appreciate any help you can give me - I'm off on holiday tomorrow and want to be able to  use Spotify whilst travelling.  Thanks!

You need to set them as offline on your iPad too. The offline option is one of the icons underneath the cover artwork at the top of a playlist on iPad.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts