Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same here... after updating I can no longer log in. WTF....

I tried deleting the app and re-installing, same problem. Error 404.

same problem, can no longer log in after updating

Spotify is working with fix with servers.

WOW... Spotify finally released an iPhone 5 update and it's very weak. The now playing area is still letterboxed with no extra controls. =(

Look at my mockup: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Update-iOS-App-for-Bigger-iPhone-5-Screen/idi-p/139944

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just updated to the iPhone 5 "compatible" version. Spotify instantly crashes on startup can't use spotify anymore. Already tried the re-installing doesnt work either. Fix this asap!

I've updated to the new "iPhone 5" version, and now Spotify crashes when I try to select "Add to...".

Is this software actually Beta tested???

And I detest the "Connect to Facebook" start-up prompt already. Not everything in this world needs to connect to Facebook and Twitter!

I have to say tho I am really glad to have this update. After using it for a bit it seems to have solved most of my issues, poor battery and over heating. I am a little bummed that it took as long as it did and there were no new features or enhancements. Hopefully a redesign soon

Did anyone at Spotify bother trying this update on the iPhone 3GS before releasing it?  I'm glad to know that it now "looks great on the iPhone 5," but it will no longer open at all on the iPhone 3GS.  I've tried it on two different iPhone 3GS's; I've tried resetting the phones; I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it; but I get the same result no matter what -- the app crashes every time and is now completely unusable.  This is truly unacceptable.

New update corrupts installation on iPad.

I had to delete the app on my iPad and reinstall.

Now I have to wait 3-4 hours to re-sync all of my playlists for offline use.

Spotify can't seem to get their act together...

New update also kills the people tab on the iPad.

When clicking on the people tab, friends are shown for a few seconds and then the list disappears.

This happens on every re-launch. There is no way to get the people list to show for more than 3 seconds.

Also after clicking on settings and clicking on a settings menu on the iPad, the settings back arrow is cut off at the top.

Very nice UI totally ruined by this. 

UPDATE: Update has killed the iPad app. Even after reinstall it constantly crashes. What's going on? =(

MattSudaSpotify Star

New update kills the iPad app:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/iOS-update-0-5-8-crashes-constantly-on-i...

MattSudaSpotify Star

I find it amusing that the update which took the devs too long to release in the first place, has now made it impossible for me to log in and prevents me from using it. It's getting more and more ridiculous. I'm going to watch this whole mess until this ship of failure sinks completely. Cancelling premium now. See ya.

Don't blame you. Still like the service but the iPhone app sucks.
-Ryan

Okay. I tried reinstalling the app, as well as restarting my phone.

Now the app doesn't crash as soon as I try to open it, but instead only when I try to press the Playlists tab. Which, of course, makes the app pretty useless to me.

Spotify, what should I do? I'm a paying customer and expect the service to work.

Spotify is looking into the crashing issues.

Please post on the official thread:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/iOS-update-0-5-8-crashes-constantly-on-i...

MattSudaSpotify Star

I really don't get why such a simple and basic update took this long... A lot of app where ready on iPhone 5 launch. It took Spotify 6 weeks to do the same. This is ridiculous !

I was really thinking that the delay was because a huge update was already very advanced... Obviously, it was not the case...
I'm still waiting for an update that allows more discovery options, I'd also like to be able to use the HTML5 app from the desktop version.
And regarding the iPhone 5 screen, look at what Apple did on their music app and use the extra space to give us access to the options (Add to Favorites, Repeat, Random...).

On top of that, although, I am lucky enough to be able to use the app on my iPhone 5 (some users seems to have lots of issues) but my phone is getting very hot when using Spotify (Offline playlists) and battery is draining like crazy (20% an hour roughly).
I tried, to delete the app, delete Safari cache and cookies, shutting down the phone for more than 5 minutes then restarting the phone to install the app again.
But no change.

BTW, I don't have any issue with any other app...

Take care of your iPhone users please !

There's been another performance update this morning

so i finally did it.  i cancelled my premium spotify account.  i been complaining forever and been threatening to do so because of the lack of support or notification from customer car regarding updates.  ive subscribed to multiple threads here regarding slow sync issues and log out issues with no traction from the developer community.

hopefully one day spotify will get their act together before its too late and everybody else jumps ship.

@user-removed wrote:

so i finally did it.  i cancelled my premium spotify account.  i been complaining forever and been threatening to do so because of the lack of support or notification from customer car regarding updates.  ive subscribed to multiple threads here regarding slow sync issues and log out issues with no traction from the developer community.

hopefully one day spotify will get their act together before its too late and everybody else jumps ship.

We haven't seen any activity in this thread for 3 weeks now. We already released an app for the iPhone 5 - what else are you after?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts