Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

GUYS. It's not a circle, or a triangle, or a three-finger anything. It's a square. I can repeat this over and over and over again now: Trace a square of the upper left quadrant of the album art starting in the center moving up first. Ta-da.

Do a swift fast triangle formation in the middle of the album artwork, starting from the bottom right corner of the artwork.

Make a swift, fast triangle formation starting from the bottom right corner of the album artwork. Music does not need to be playing to bring up the equalizer. The triangle must be in the center of the album artwork. Simple, easy. GOOD LUCK!!!

Ja Jag lyckades också med det!!!!

Can duplicate multiple times in a row. Just OFF the album art lower right corner go all the way to the left just off the album art. Then go diagnol up to the center album art. Then down to the rgith where you started just off album art.

NOTE if when you do this the album cover moves it wont work. Hence why you start just off the bottom right corner of the album art.

To note this was done with an Ipad2. Test and confirm it works for you. I had to learn this cause my kid wacked out my settings and the sound was horrible.

On the iphone in the top portion of the album art. Drawing a triangle from right to left then top to bottom.

Working great for me

This works far better for me. http://youtu.be/oJ-i3JnM7Y4

Drawing a "e" in the middle of the screen will bring this up consistently

Why don't Spotify just finish developing this and add it as a proper feature???

It's not a square shape, it's an 'e' shape, as in e for equaliser. Works every time!

Thanks for that. It doesn't work every time for me but possibly better than the trioangle I was using. It will be good if Spotify add this as a proper feature and we can stop all this vulcan handshake stuff! Thanks again.

Squared the loveless album art on iOS successfully (:

Same happens to me... No idea what it is 😕

Ok guys I can now make it appear on my ipad, and its a right triangle.

Start by going from the bottom middle of the screen to the center of the screen (very center of the screen) , then go to the bottom left, and then back to where you started,  making  a right triangle.

I saw that the iphone EQ appears when repeating that same shape, but starting in the center.

Same thing happened to me. Twice. I don't know what I did though. I was also cleaning my screen, just like you. I believe I swiped my finger from back and forth 2 cm. away from the top of my iPod. I don't know if it matters, but it's an iPod 5G. It might react on different points of the screen depending of the size of your screen.

I just updated my Iphone to version 0.6.0.181 and now I'm unable to get the EQ. Before the update it was really easy for me (triangle in the middle of the album screen).

So beware, updating means: losing the EQ!

yesh its gone.. this really blows..

Sorry guys, we decided to remove the beta equalizer for the time being. It wasn't really ready for public release in the first place (and we're surprised anyone found it at all).

Hopefully it'll see a return - in a fully worked out form - in a future release. And no more squiggly triangles next time.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

well that kind of blows..it was working fine on my end and I had it at a nice level to bring out the life of bass drums in a lot of metal tracks.... ...... as a musician I hate that  this feature was taken away and I wish it was speficied on the update info, which I always read, had I known ahead of time,  I wouldn't have updated the app today. .   it's not like it looks that much different.  Also its a shame I got to use a 3rd party eq on my PC .    It seems  the ability to move playlist on the app was taken away as well.    I have all the bands I listen to alphabetized hope the ability of moving playlist is not taken away from the PC version ( i do use the app more tho)    ..  hope it comes back soon.

PS is there a way to revert to the old app?

Suggested posts