Disabling Mac OS X Dock badge notifications about additions to playlists I'm subscribed to?

Solved!
4 people liked this

Re: Disabling notifications about additions to playlists I'm subscribed to?

Music Lover
‎2012-10-15 10:46 AM

I'm pretty shure it get's enough attention ... The marketing guys love it because it simply works for them & their KPIs (App open rates or whatever they are measured on). On the other side the product guys hate it, because it annoys them as it annoys us. But there are only a handful users upset (e.g. here in this thread) and therefore the marketing gain is higher than the cost for worsening the user experience -> Marketing wins and the feature remains as it is.

If we shout out loud here, we can at least hope that it becomes a setting somewhere on the bottom of the settings page, where only expert users (like us and spotifies product guys themself) can find it. So let's continue to shout!!

Concert Regular
‎2012-10-19 01:03 PM
Spotify sort this out!
2 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2012-10-22 08:59 PM

I cannot believe, that it is not possible to turn those irritating notifications off. I do not care, who added which songs to playlists, especially the ones i do not subscribe to.

Concert Regular
‎2012-10-28 05:25 PM

I agree! Time to start cancelling subscriptions.

1 person liked this

Music Lover
‎2012-10-30 01:55 AM

Yes, this is really annoying. Comeon Spotify, I'm PAYING for a subscription! Please let me disable notifications of new songs being added to playlists that I've subscribed to.

Community Manager
‎2012-10-30 08:34 AM

Hi everyone - Thanks for letting us know you're having this issue. Please follow the steps below so we can start troubleshooting:

1. Be sure you've selected 'Never' for all email notifications in your Profile Page.

2. Double check that the email in your Profile page is the same one receiving these emails. If not, you may have two accounts with us. 

3. If you're still having trouble please head to our contact form. We can then investigate what's going on here. 

1 person liked this

Concert Regular
‎2012-10-30 10:01 AM

We're complaining about the notification that shows up on the Spotify icon with a RED number showing you have an important message (NOT email). This "important" message is then displayed in the application and says something like "Your friend just joined spotify" or "Bob just added a song to some playlist". 

I don't care about these annoying messages and there should be an option to diable them. But there's not. It's a bug, or intentionally defective software. Please fix this.

I've emailed support and they confirmed this.

2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2012-10-30 11:00 AM

Meredith,

This thread has nothing to do with email notifications. We're talking about the Mac OS X dock notifications that appear on the Spotify icon. It's impossible to disable them, and it's very annoying.

What's more, we are receiving notifications for playlists that we are no longer subscribed to, with no way of stopping them.

Festival Fanatic
‎2012-10-30 11:56 AM

Updated the thread subject to be less ambiguous.

Music Lover
‎2012-10-30 02:00 PM

Meredith, we're not referring to email notifications. We're referring to the OS X badges that appear over the Spotify icon in the OS X dock, and the badges appear inside the Spotify desktop app over the notifications button in the top right of the app, next to the name of the logged in user.

SUGGESTED POSTS