Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[0.7.4] Spotify crashing since the last update

Solved!

[0.7.4] Spotify crashing since the last update

Keep crashing on start up. Can't get into the application. I have deleted and re-installed the application, and still the same result. I have iPad 2 display 6.1.3 iOS. and an iPhone 5 on 6.1.4 iOS Please help.

Super user edit - added client version to title.

77 Replies

What to do if I don't have a fb login?
Basically the update locks me out from a service I pay for.

Way to go spoyify, way to go...

Dude. Just download Spotify iOS 4 and it won't crash anymore

Me too. iPhone5 and iPad Mini

Still can't get the application to work. Spotify has said the issues have been resolved but I can't open the application for more than a second without it crashing. Its almost been a week and I pay for a premium service!! 

Incident Identifier: 164BE911-09F2-4D61-8E17-A47638DE64F3
CrashReporter Key: 0af2eab5fa83ddc7f8d70bc913f46bff08ef4d87
Hardware Model: iPad2,5
Process: Spotify [640]
Path: /var/mobile/Applications/9208D3E1-9E98-41E9-B592-5668B7406301/Spotify.app/Spotify
Identifier: Spotify
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: ARM (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2013-09-07 15:22:24.982 +0300
OS Version: iOS 6.1.3 (10B329)
Report Version: 104

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000
Crashed Thread: 0

When I try to open the Spotify app on my iphone 5, OS 6.1.4, it shows the discover window, then it crashes.

I've tried to delete and reinstall it, change region, but it's still crashing. Anyone else have the same problem/know if spotify will do anything about this crash?

Regards

I don't like the idea of this being posted as the solution to this problem.
It has been a week and we do pay 10€/month and this should have been fixed by now...

I have the same issue.  Spotify opens for a few seconds on the Discover page and then immediately crashes.

Reinstalling and switching to Facebook login does fix the problem, but I don't like doing this as I dislike Spotify spamming my friends with what I'm listening to.

I think this issue have something with the apple account to do. I tried many times to reinstall in diffrent ways but it diden´t work. So if you want wait for spotify to solve this do like this. ( i used my computer to do this)

1. Set up a new account with your pay method (you get one month for free if you do it from the begining)

2. Send every playlist via email to you self and open them one at the time.

3. choose follow and the play list will be wisible under the playlist window

4. create new empy playlists with the same name as you had before or other to seperate the new with the one you follow you can rename it later.

5. in an emailed playlist select all and right click add to choose one of the empy playlist you just created

6. click on the follow button so it says unfollow and that play list will disapear.

7. Repete this with all your playlists.

8. unsubsribe you old spotify account

9. DONE!

i know this is little work behind this but it worth it! i tried to log in to my old account after this and the problem was there that´s why i think it have something to do with the apple account.

Is this with spotify 0.7.4? There is an ongoing issue with this at the moment. You could try installing spotify for iOS 4 from iTunes store for now.

I'm going to merge this into the main thread.

It appears from lots of people still suffering with the problem that it hasn't been fixed.. I'm still having. The same problems...

I'm a premium customer and have not been able to use it for about a week now...

SPOTIFY GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER,,,,

I have the same problem but if i turn off wifi and 3G, spotify works properly with offline playlist

Havent been able to use spotify for the past 2 days, ever since I updated it. Please spotify fix this fast! I have already lost 2 paid days for this month.

Spotify cant open on my Iphone 4s. After the update.. Its logs inn, shows the "discover" for a few seconds before its shuts down... Argh!!!!!! Fix it!!

Please roll back to the previous stable version, let iOS 5 (iPAD 1) users install it and then WARN US before releasing an update that won't run on hardware LESS THAN TWO YEARS OLD.

The iOS 4 version looks like something my Atari 800 could have out rendered.

First time posting to the forum (that I remember anyway) so hopefully I did this right.

I might as well add my problem to the list.  The app keeps closing on my work laptop running Windows 7 when I try to delete a song.  It's pretty annoying since I'm trying to clean my lists up..........

And this could just be my phone, but it's been recently saying a lot that I need internet connection and can't play songs.  My phone is constantly connected either by 4G or wifi.  When I check my others apps and things they seem to work when Spotify doesn't.

Anyone ever tried Rdio? 

The desktop client playlist crash thread is here. Keep an eye on ot for updates. If you post full information of the issues you have with your iphone app in a new thread, hopefully someone will have some ideas for getting this fixed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Spotify has been driving me mad recently. It seems to be ever since the 'Discover' thing was introduced.

It happens on my iPhone 4, my iPhone 5, and even sometimes on my brand new iPad.

Basically, it just frezzes.

Considering we all pay good money for the service, you'd think they'd have fixed it by now.

I'm running the latest iOS, the latest version of Spotify, I've tried quitting the app, I've tried hard resetting my devices, an I've deleted and re-downloaded more times than I can remember.

This IS an in-app bug.

Please sort it soon, I've never had any problems before the last few months, and now at times the app is unusable!

Suggested posts