Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3G data usage on iPhone

3G data usage on iPhone

Hi, I'm new with Spotify and I have some questions:
What does exactly means "Sync 2G/3G" option?
If the option is OFF and I'm under 3G (no Wi-Fi) and I download an album, does the download start or it will start when I'll be under Wi-Fi connection?
Sorry for the questions, but I want to prevent larger data usage...
5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Sync over 2/3G means that if you're not on Wifi and on 3G or whatever, and you select a playlist to be available offline, it will still sync the tracks. If it's off, it will wait for you to connect to wifi.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

It's weird because after a week of usage, listening to spotify 30min/day (with quality at 96kbps, but download at 320kbps), and option setted on OFF, I used 500MB of my data plan 😞

Edit: 350MB, sorry

Yeap you just said it!

Download at 320 - that's extreme quality! It will use up a lot of the data. You can try 'High' instead
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Yes but I thought with 2g/3g option OFF downloads would start only with wifi.....

If you mark an album for offline usage when not connected to WiFi and you have that option off, it should queue the download until you get to a WiFi hotspot.

I do wonder if you have an album selected for offline mode and you are on mobile network, if you then listen to that album which quality it will play/stream in since it will probably offline sync the tracks whilst you do it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts