Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

440 megs but no local files?

Solved!

440 megs but no local files?

Trying to trm the fat on my iphone and spotify says the app is only 90 megs but it's taking up 440? I don't have any local files. What have I done?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Its not you, its the ios app.
The extra space is taken up by streaming cache and unlike the android app the ios app does not have a clear cache button.
Other users have had to reinstall the app after time because the app cache just keeps growing and growing.
350Mb is not much. Wait until it gets to a couple of Gigs and then reinstall the App.
This issue has been going for years.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Its not you, its the ios app.
The extra space is taken up by streaming cache and unlike the android app the ios app does not have a clear cache button.
Other users have had to reinstall the app after time because the app cache just keeps growing and growing.
350Mb is not much. Wait until it gets to a couple of Gigs and then reinstall the App.
This issue has been going for years.

well fu man chu. How does this cache work? I notice that my cellular data that spotify has used is upwards of 3+gigs but the app data is 440ish. If it's that high you would think it would just grab what it needs from the cache, yea? :shrug:

Thaaaanks!

The spotify app has issues and the cache thing is the most annoying in my opinion. Even if u sync albums for offline and then remove them the correct amount of data is not removed from the cache thus the cache grows etc.
Ps: im not Fu Man Chu. Im just another spotify user

Suggested posts