Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A different type of sync issue

A different type of sync issue

So both my daughter and I are seeing this issue.  Some songs from some playlists just go greyed out.  Not an entire list, just some songs.  I figured Spotify lost the rights to the song.  However, on my imac I can stream them wifi, they are still available.  These are spotify songs, they ARE NOT local songs.  I have NO local songs, all I use is spotify.  Today I lost 83 songs out of 89 in one playlist.  I can only play 6 even though yesterday all 89 were synched just fine.

What is going on?  this has nothing to do with me having them local on my imac.  I'm streaming them over the imac so I know Spotify has them available.  Why did they just "lose synch" from my iphone 5?  Again, the list IS SET TO SYNC ALL.  However, this list now only has 6 synched.  It's driving me nuts as well as my daughter  Between the two of us we have less than 600 total songs.  

How can I stream this song over wifi on the imac but it will no longer synch to my iphone?  Again, I want to reiterate that the list IS set to synch offline, and it's only holding 6 of 89 songs.  Yesterday it had all 89.  I have a 32GB Iphone 5 with 15GB free.  Space is not an issue.  This is extremely frustration as i have been hammering around these forums and can't find an answer.  "uninstall and reinstall" is about the worst solution because it takes ages to resynch all your songs.

Another reiteration - I do not have any tracks local on my imac, I only stream and synch straight from spotify.  Why can I stream these songs over wifi but they won't play or synch on my iphone?  Is this some rights issue?  Please help!!!!

2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortately, it sounds like the issue you have is related to the bug report here. It's very vague right now, so I can't tell what the sync issue is exactly, but the likelihood is that this is the issue.
If you fill out the template requested and write it as a reply to the bug report, it will help Spotify find the issue. Also, it's worth a shot trying out the steps in the iOS troubleshooting guide as per the link in the bug report.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for the info.  I'll post my issues and information there.  It's driving my daughter and I crazy.

Suggested posts