Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ATV 3 shows wrong song info!

Solved!

ATV 3 shows wrong song info!

When I play music from spotify on my iPad mini over AirPlay, it stops showing new track info on the ATV after a couple of songs.

How come?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

As russtm states, this is actually somewhat of a known thing. The symptoms are - If you play more than 2 tracks off the same album, the track name on the lockscreen of your device will show the second track. However, if you've got a playlist filled with all sorts of different artists, tracks and albums, you shouldn't run into this.

We're aware this is an issue, and we're looking into a remedy.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@thomasmorkeberg wrote:
When I play music from spotify on my iPad mini over AirPlay, it stops showing new track info on the ATV after a couple of songs.

How come?

This could be for a number of reasons.

Does the song play, but it shows the track info of the previous song? If so, please could you make sure that your iPad mini's screen is still turned on when this happens - probably won't make a difference, but you never know 😉

I will also try and get someone with a bit more knowledge about iOS and AirPlay to come and have a look 🙂

Liam

Thanks for the quick reponce.

It keeps playing the next song (and sometimes the next 10 songs) without updating the track info on the Apple TV.

It's very random when it happens. Normally after 2-3 songs. No matter if the iPad's screen is on or off.

It dosent happen with the stock music player on my iPad, so thats why i figure it must be something with spotify.

@thomasmorkeberg wrote:

It keeps playing the next song (and sometimes the next 10 songs) without updating the track info on the Apple TV.

It's very random when it happens. Normally after 2-3 songs. No matter if the iPad's screen is on or off.

It dosent happen with the stock music player on my iPad, so thats why i figure it must be something with spotify.

Ok, I have escalated this to staff for you - they should reply soon 🙂

@LiamW wrote:

@thomasmorkeberg wrote:

Ok, I have escalated this to staff for you - they should reply soon 🙂

Thank you!

Common issue I've had on the iphone and iPad for ages can be kind of annoying but not a deal breaker. The applets doesnlt play .ogg formatted music or whatever spotify uses. Therefore I think the iphone has to convert before air playing to something the Apple TV will play.
Marked as solution

Hello!

As russtm states, this is actually somewhat of a known thing. The symptoms are - If you play more than 2 tracks off the same album, the track name on the lockscreen of your device will show the second track. However, if you've got a playlist filled with all sorts of different artists, tracks and albums, you shouldn't run into this.

We're aware this is an issue, and we're looking into a remedy.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts