Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

Solved!

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

I accidentlally hit the thumbs down button on the Spotify Radio and was wondering if there was a way to view the list of songs/artitst that have been given the thumbs down or up; this is an artist I hope to find more music on but cannont recall their name? I suspect there has to be a file of some sort that is tracking this information, otherwise how would it know to play or not play that artist?

Thanks for your help. 

p.s.

The back button did not work. 

188 Replies

As of March 10th, 2016 the problem still has not been fixed. I have tried searching google and the Spotify community forums and have not found the solution.

I liked 2 songs by accident instead of hitting dislike button, and those are now permanently liked on that radio station. There is no way to dislike or like song you have previous disliked or liked, and there is no way of completely undoing the selection either.

There is one solution that may help, though: both Pandora and the newly updated iTunes Radio (very similar to Spotify) both have this feature.

Still not solved?!?

ok we were about to sign up for premium but after having this happening to me because of a bug in the android player. now i have songs deleted that i didnt listen to and i dont know what they.

How come I had to create a login for Spotify Community only to discover SOLVED is a lie?

Lol, someone marked it as closed b/c they were positive that Spotify won't ever fix it, thus it's basically solved. HAHA.

SERIOUSLY? I hit thumbs down on one of my fave artists, Borns!!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH WHY. WAEEEE YO? By the way, if you're interested, in my opinion, the live version of Seeing Stars is so good. It's better than 10,000 Emerald Pools. The message is so deep too.

Also, go listen to some BTS.and EXO.

But this is so annoying because now, on my Zella Day radio, I don't think there will ever be a Borns song!

Spotify, are you listening?

This has been a problem since 2012 or earlier, and it's not fixed yet?

At my IT company, we inovate in less than 2 weeks fixes like this and get feedback from the customer to see if we did it right, and that's still going through 4-6 days of testing prior to launch, with teams of 4 per feature.

So, why is 4 years not enough to fix a dislike not logged or reversible button issue?

Here's what you do:

1) create a new table, call it something within your own naming convention that means "user song like dislike sync history"

2) configure fields (named appropriately in yoru convention) on this table like this:  primary key / user id / song id / station id / like or dislike / prev song rank / prev artist rank / prev station rank / user device id / user device ip / user session id / date time stamp

3) create a class, object, and a set of loading and unloading methods to handle the above (hopefully you already have this done, and just need to insert the structure of this table into your existing code)

4) update your dislike methods to log this

5) update dislike methods to allow for a secondary click for "undo"

6) create a history tab/page for all platform versions of the software to show history of likes and dislikes for each album, artist, station, and all history for the user

7) put code in place for the history page to undo likes and dislikes, as well as to move likes or dislikes or entire songs to other stations or playlists

😎 testing.  lots of testing.

9) beta test.  Get all users from this forum thread to be beta testers and give us all a month of free premium for the hassle (customer obsession)

10) launch.

11) keep brainstorming how to innovate around this problem to create a different approach to this feature that makes it better than pandora, itunes, etc etc etc 

12) profit

Follow this approach.  If you have trouble with this, then contact me through my account and I'll come work for you and do it for you.  Seriously.  I will.  Probably have it launched in less than 2 months (depending on your internal dev tools and policies).

Seriously.  Call me.

-S

Wow! This is so stupid. This has cost countless subscibers yet it is still an issue? I may have to leave again, too.

Please invest my $15/month for premium into fixing this customer defect. These should be the #1 priority at your product group.

You guys, you should see how slowly and carefully I click on thumbs up so that I don't accidentally click thumbs down. More concentration than I should have to give it, haha

Unbelievable that this hasn't been fixed in four years. It's not even a feature, it's just the second half of a different feature.

I thought I was dumb not being able to figure out how to unselect a dislike, turns out Spotify is run but a bunch of idiots. I mean seriously how hard is it to de-select an option??

Agreed.  Absolutely unbelievable that I still pay for this service.  They have removed apps and still have not fixed the thumbs up/down thing.  Absolutely ridiculous.

Add me to the list of frustrated subscribers.  Accidentally "liked" a song on a station I've been using for months and can't find a way to undo it.  So silly.  I switched to Spotify from Pandora because in most ways it is a lot better, but this is a really silly annoyance that I can't believe still exists.

I had my glasses off, and my favourite song on the artists radio station was playing. I accidentally clicked the thumbs down, and now that song will never appear in that radio station.

I know there's a disgusting amount of negativity on the internet, but this is just bad UI design. Maybe there's an underlying business reason with the radio that it can't be done, but even in that case it's a terrible design to have thumbs down remove a song entirely from a station.

I can literally see the song in the browser window, behind the currently playing song that I paused. But the thumbs down button is gone, and no other way to undo that action is apparent.

I don't have a suggestion how to solve the problem from a UI design perspective, but this is a big enough issue for me to consider cancelling and trying out Google Play for a while. For $10.49 CDN a month, I expect UI blotches like this to be fixed in due time, not constantly overlooked for 4 years.

@bengan It is now 2016... Where is this lie you claimed...

what are you talking about?

Pretty much everyone in this thread needs to email support set it as a "billing issue" and flood their stupid inboxes... So that their puny chimp brains can start to process that this issue must be fixed, or they won't be able to help people give them money. And without money they won't get bananas.

Some mod bengan who said they were fixing it back in 2012

Suggested posts