Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

Solved!

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

I accidentlally hit the thumbs down button on the Spotify Radio and was wondering if there was a way to view the list of songs/artitst that have been given the thumbs down or up; this is an artist I hope to find more music on but cannont recall their name? I suspect there has to be a file of some sort that is tracking this information, otherwise how would it know to play or not play that artist?

Thanks for your help. 

p.s.

The back button did not work. 

188 Replies

I got the same issue on several radio stations; 

I have clicked thumbs up/thumbs down on the wrong song, and the mess is complete.

I am picky aobut what songs i like to hear, and i generally press thumbs down on those. Not that it save me from getting the same song back in the same radio station tohugh, as i would hope. But what's worse is if you manage to click thumbs up on a song you really dislike. Then you will never get rid of it unless youi remake the whole radio station.

VERYU frustrating and annoying, just because i clicked the wrong button on my touchscreen smartphone, i am stuck with this horrible song on both computer and smartphone. This problem with misclicked thumbs is an OLD issue, and REALLY ought to have been fixed by now. I am disheartened and dissapointed when i read this were already a problem in 2012, and now, well into 2015 there is still no fix. over THREE years later, and a simple function like this has not even been attempted fixed. 

I can see why people choose to abandon Spotify. I jsut don't understand why Spotify has done NOTHING to try to fix this?

This definitely needs to be addressed. 😕

And yes, this just happened to me as well... sad to read here there's (yet) no fix 😞

Any updates? Pandora has a huge advantage with this feature. Even Apple lets you unlike a song you previously liked by accident or not.

So  notes from a Moderator from THREE years ago said this is being addressed / worked on and this still hasn't been implemented? Any progress? I tried to switch it back to thumbs up from thumbs down hoping that would work and no luck. Spotify? Bueller?

I'm another person on this long list asking for this feature.

Aug 2015 here. None of these problems were fixed yet. Glad I'm paying premium for what I could be free radio elsewhere.

This is a problem everyone experienced or will in some point in time, that will ruin the personalization of stations. Not being able to undo that makes me think that the devs can't address or plan for common human errors (are the devs even human?).

We should at least be able to contact spotify to tell them what the mistake is, so that they'll be able to undo it for us, if that feature isn't implimented in their web/desktop clients.

Even if you guys aren't human, you should at least have gotten better at predicting and interpreting humans, especially their flaws, since the last 3 years.

Hey, I want to undo a thumbs up that I did. I had a good station going and one thumbs up by accident screwed the pooch. I cannot undo it and now that radio station is partially wrong. boo

Fix this plz.

I'm closing this thread.

this thread is dead

They never fixed it...

I don't think this thread is dead... it's just blatently ignored by Spotify, inc.  I'm subscribed to it and I get an email about someone confirming that this is still broken with a new post every week or so.

I actually bring this thread up in conversation when people ask if I still use Spotify and I tell them I don't any more. I refer to it as watching the blood run out of Spotify's veins. This used to be a point of extreme irritation for me until I gave up on the idea that Spotify would ever fix the issue and moved on.

Now it is quite comical. It probably wouldn't even be that hard to fix. LEL

ROFLMAO!

I just earned a community badge for commenting on this thread again. That was nice....

Ahh, the irony... Maybe Spotify will pay attention to someone with a badge?  BHAHAHA!

I also use this as a reference to steer people away from Spotify. It's
boggles my mind that Spotify never commented on this thread and resolved
the issue. They just don't care, and that's why I canceled my premium
membership when I encountered this issue over a year ago. I too enjoy
watching others comment on this thread, which has been relevant for YEARS.
How sad is that? Years....and it could probably be fixed by a single
programmer in less than a week. Shame on Spotify for ignoring this issue.

I'm in the same boat. After having commented on this a long time ago, this thread is useful at the very least for letting me know the issue isn't fixed, a fix that I would assume would be relatively simple. That at the very least lets me know not to use or invest any time or energy in Spotify's radio feature. Thankfully there are other services I can use that do this right. 

Agreed - i dont think this thread should be closed at all.  I believe this deserves attention from spotify but for some reason has continued to be ignored.  I have been waiting for one of these responses to tell me its fixed so i can go back to my station and fix the issue.  I am still using premium for the ability to download tracks but its really losing it's appeal. 

Pandora lets you go back and fix ur thumb  ups and downs... just sayin

Its a shame this still hasnt been solved. It ruins so much of the experience you are meant to enjoy in spotify...

Wow, just accidentally thumbs down instead of going back to re-listen to a song from a favorite artist and now one of my favorite songs is down thumbed.... Now what? Pandora?

Undo. That's all I needed... Undo the last thing I did because I mis-poked my phone screen....kinda like gmail had had for years. But no, apparently Spotify employees and other customers are faultless in there screen poking. Spotify pride themselves on their ux testing, so it must be us that's wrong, not Spotify... Stupid foolish mis-poking users. Sorry we're not good enough, we'll go and find a service that's a little more forgiving.

Suggested posts