Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentily disliked a song on radio

Solved!

Accidentily disliked a song on radio

Hi

I have accidentily disliked a couple of songs on my radio and they will not appear again - is there anyway of editing this and removing all of my "dislikes"? I don't think any of the ones i've actually disliked on the radio i dislike, i just hit the wrong button!

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you remember the name of the songs you disliked just search them and then add them to your Liked from Radio playlist.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Its not solved but our best bet is going to this post. Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

Make sure to vote so we can get this changed.

Marked as solution

By mistake I clicked "dislike" to a song I really liked, I pretended to click back to play it again... luckly, I found it on history, what I did is that I kept playing the Radio I was listening to and added that song I dislike by mistake as next on queue, I was on my computer, when such song started to play again after I added it on queue, thumbs up/down were disabled, I swicthed over and started to play on my cellphone, in that there were no thumbs at all, then, I switched back to the PC and thumbs became available and I clicked thumbs up. Then, I saw list of radio song and it was back on that list. Sorry if it's too long explanation, if not clear, let me know (I'm not even sure it will always work).

68 Replies

happened to me as well, would be nice to combine this with a back button in the radio so you can re-listen and like/dislike a previously played song...

Hello folks!

We can´t edit or delete radio stations, this is not available at the moment. 

However, that also happened to me and what I do all the time is look for the artist or track I have disliked and then start a new radio station. Then you will find that artist again on your radio (and you can press the thumbs up). 

If you really want us to build this, there is already an idea going on, add your kudos and comments here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-Delete-Radio-Stations/idi-p/10639

You can also create a new idea. 

Thanks for your contribution!

EDIT:

Very sorry for the not working link, it should now...:I should have double checked :S

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

It's always disheartening when support folks offer a link that results in an error message.

Makes their gesture feel, you know, a little disingenuous.

Hello,

You are right the link was not working, sorry for that.

You can try now, add your kudos and comments if you want to see this idea implemented, it is "under consideration" now, thanks for your feedback!

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬
Marked as solution

If you remember the name of the songs you disliked just search them and then add them to your Liked from Radio playlist.

none of the solutions offered in this thread help with adding that track back to the radio station which you originally disliked it from what if that's your favorite station what if it's the only one that is played that track for you so far that's not going to help with the feedback on that particular station this really is a problem in spot if I should be looking deeply into figuring out how to do this considering Pandora you just have been able to do it for over a decade

I've just found a solution to this problem if you're on mobile I'm not sure if this can be accomplished on pc with the different layout, but if you ply the radio you disliked the song in and added said song to up next you should be able to like the song again 

"I've just found a solution to this problem if you're on mobile I'm not sure if this can be accomplished on pc with the different layout, but if you ply the radio you disliked the song in and added said song to up next you should be able to like the song again"

This actually works. Tested, the song shows up again on the radio. Probably a "glitch" in programming, but a welcome one at that 😉

Hi, I have a similar problem except it's for the Daily Mix playlists. I was new on Premium so I was trying to get a hang of the different features on Spotify. I was listening to a Daily Mix playlist while browing through my albums and somehow by adding the album to the 'Add to Up Next', the album was added to the Daily Mix playlist. I wished to undo the 'add up to next'/delete the album from the Daily Mix I was listening to and the only way to do that was to click on the 'never show again' in daily mix. The album is actually one of my favorites and I was devastated when I found it was supposed to be in another Daily Mix playlist (the artist & album cover is included in the description but was nowhere to be seen in the playlist). Is there any way to undo that?

This actually happened to me just now, and I searched a lot of forums, and this solution worked perfectly on the Mac OS X Spotify app, but not on the Mobile app. I hope that in the future that Spotify will make this a universal feature. I checked and double checked this time and will do so every time in the future to make sure that I was pressing thumbs up and not down!

I have the exact same problem!

I'm having a similar experience, perhaps a tad bit more absent-minded, though. On the Daily Mix playlist, as the song screen came up, I saw a circle with a line through it on the bottom right corner of the screen. I didn't know what it was, so I clicked it. Lo and behold, it says that "the artist will never play again" on my stations. 

Hello, heartbreak. Goodbye, The Lumineers. 
All to say, I'm bummed. Anyone have a solution for this sorry shmuck?

I just downvoted a song on Spotify and now I will never hear it again. I don't know the title, artist or anything but a few words that Google has no results for. I can't go back wards in my queue, the Spotify history doesn't show it. I give up.

I also find it odd that this says solved when it clearly isn't.

There's not much you can do, that's what I was told by Spotify. The only thing they recommended was to just listen to the artist.

If I went to a Subaru dealer to buy a car, and asked the salesman why the car can't go in reverse. I wouldn't buy the car if he answered, "have you tried making a u-turn?"

The original question, "is there anyway of editing this and removing all of my "dislikes"? ", was answered with a link to delete radio stations, which isn't the same thing?

Why should we have to click a special link to say we want this when if you look at this community your listeners have been having this issue for over 3 years? I've read numerous complaints and questions asking how to fix it or when it will be fixed.

Why is your company not being proactive in the use of this community and just fixing the things that people are asking for?

It makes zero sense to see it, then say sorry can't fix it but let us know if you want it fixed. Isn't that what the OG post is saying?

This doesn't actually work- I tried it and the song isn't on the song radio because I thumbs downed it. Serious UI fail. Button should not be in the same place as shuffle.

I'm for hire if you need someone 🙂

I had a similar issue, great song, tried adding it to my playlist and accidently banished it from all playlists ever - got the 'You'll never see this song again in your playlists' message... no confirmation, just gone, and I didn't know artist or title.

SOLUTION:

In play queue (horizontal lines icon in bottom right corner of the desktop player) go to the history section and the song will still be there. Fortunately the 'Delete without confirmation' function doesn't remove it from your song history. Then you can add it to another playlist. I doubt I'll ever see it in another the Daily Mixes, but at least I have the song.

Spotify helpdesk was friendly but completely unhelpful in trying to track the song down, and just suggested I suggest suggesting that they fix this 😛

Hope this helps.

Just tried this on iOS, and it didn't have the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons for the queued song. Good thought though!

Suggested posts