Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add album image to iPhone Spotify

Solved!

Add album image to iPhone Spotify

Hi.

Does anyone know how I add a cover to a local file on my mobile spotify. I have no problem doing it on my computer spotify but when I play it on my iPhone 4S the cover won't show. I've been trying to find information on how to do this for ages but I can't seem to find any information how to to it on an iPhone. Please someone give me an easy walkthrough. Hope you understand what I mean.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, welcome to the community.

You need to use a free ID3 Tag program. Just Google it "free id3 program" and install. Then you need to re-add those covers. Optimal size is 300x300 or less. At least in Android phone after "resizing covers" all covers viewable in mobile.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, welcome to the community.

You need to use a free ID3 Tag program. Just Google it "free id3 program" and install. Then you need to re-add those covers. Optimal size is 300x300 or less. At least in Android phone after "resizing covers" all covers viewable in mobile.

Hi.

Sorry to be a bother, but I can't seem to get it to work. It works fine on the computer, but there is still no image on my phone. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. Someone please help me. I've downloaded a free ID track tag but it still doesn't work.

Hey, you use too big covers in ID3. You need to delete cover and re-search it in 300x300. You can search covers in this size in Google image search.

Also after changing covers, re-sync music.

Hi.

The picture I am using is 264x264 but it still doesn't work. Sorry to sound stupid. I am kind of new with apple in general so I'm not that good with iTunes either. Please don't get mad at me for not understanding. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

That's odd! Do you have more covers than one in ID3 per song? Delete all those extra covers.

Also it's maybe worth to try delete locals from your PC Spotify and then re-add those, Spotify should re-transfer then those.

Also keep in mind that Spotify does not support any covers as .jpg or other image file in folder where music is. All covers should be provided via ID3 Tag system.

Hi

I think there was something wrong with the track i tried with. I tried with a different song and then it worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your help.

Hey, thank you for this information.

Glad to hear it worked. Some tracks may be corrupted, just re-download those tracks from store etc. In Spotify store all tracks are with cover image. But yes, with Premium no need to buy tracks at all. With Local thing it's worth to try another version of track if this works better. 🙂

Have a nice summer with Spotify!

Suggested posts