Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add recently added songs to the top of existing playlists

Solved!

Add recently added songs to the top of existing playlists

This is my one pet hate when it comes to spotify playlists.

I wish the new songs that I add to existing playlist, would be added to the top of the list so they're played at the beginning, rather than the end and flicking through older songs.

If this isnt possible, then just allow users to re-arrange or organise playlist items in different catagories such as, "recently added", "oldest", "artist" and/or "length" ect.

This would make my spotify experiance even better than it already is.

45 Replies

Thank God that Im not the only one , When people listen my playlist they start from the oldest song rather then my newest because it is automatically custom preferred. For me to fix this I have to edit my custom playlist which I have up to 21 hours of music in some playlists. U are expecting me to do each song individually ?The price for the premium has increased but such a basic function is still lacking and all we get a comical answer to edit or songs. I think this is unacceptable and needs to change urgently. This topic has started at 2013 and still going on , U must be either making too much money to not care or u  are just taking the **bleep**.

Thank you 

Recently i have been able to sort by recently added - honestly it makes me want to move to a different service since it was removed 

I don’t think this works on iPads 

Hi! 
I struggled with that too, but in reality it’s really simple. When you’re in the playlist, scroll up, so that the searching bar appears (the one where you can find the song you’re searching for in the playlist). Next to it is a button named sort. Click on it and then click on recently added. Done! 
hope it can help!

You can ensure that new tracks are added to your individual playlists as follows:

1. Above your individual playlist click on Sort. 

2. In the list that appears click on Recently Added. 

3. Click on the arrow. 

The playlist will then reverse to show the latest tracks at the top. 

Sorted! 

I followed these instructions and it worked.  However, since the first response was posted in 2016, Spotify has changed a bit.  There isn't a button in the top righthand corner and there isn't an "Edit" option.  The solution is still in the top righthand corner, but it's not a button per se.  In the top righthand corner of your playlist, you will see "Custom Order" next to three horizontal lines.  Click on "Custom Order" and a drop down list appears with multiple options to sort the way Spotify plays the songs in the playlist.  I was looking to play the newest additions to my playlist.  I selected "Date Added" and that did the trick.

Suggested posts