Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding New Album to Playlist Folder - BUG Report

Adding New Album to Playlist Folder - BUG Report

Hello,

In iOS 1.8.0.2444 the process for adding a new albume to an existing Playlist Folder is not working correctly.

It currently prompts for the name of the Album which is Not Correct.  Instead, as in the past and on OS X & Windows, the new Playlist name should be populated with the Album Name.  This is how it worked in previous versions.

Another related BUG is the new Playlist is added to the beginning of the Playlist Folder.  This is also Incorrect, as it should be added to the end of the Playlist folder similar to how it Currently functions on OS X & Windows.

Spotify, please correct.

Running iPhone 5 version 8.0.2 (12A405)

Regards, Phil

7 Replies

correct i have the same issue. 

when i add a new album to my playlists i need to name the album myself.

please fix this ... its annoying as hell

I have this on my list of things to test and raise tomorrow (if I remember!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@philmg - Not near a device to test but is this fixed in 1.9?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I just tested it and it's partially fixed lol.  The album name is now populated correctly, but unfortunately the album gets added to the beginning of the Playlist which is NOT correct.  It should be added to the END of the Playlist like it is in the desktop apps.

Come on Spotify, do a little research next time and show me you use all your clients!

Regards, Phil

Could you just run through what you mean when you say added to the top on mobile and bottom on desktop?

I'm not sure how you are making/adding the playlist in desktop specifically.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Sure, no problem...

So I have multiple Playlist Folders that have multiple Albums in them.  When the desktop clients add a new Album to an existing Playlist Folder, they get added to the bottom or after the last album in the Playlist Folder.

The latest iOS app. is adding the new Album to the top or first album in the Playlist Folder.

Does that help?

Thanks, Phil

Ah yeah I've got you now, yeah you have a point. I'm going to escalate this via the rock star channel since I'm not actually sure which is "correct".

In the desktop client, if you don't' have the folder expanded and drag a playlist onto the folder name it inserts it at the top of the list - definitely a global system of where it should go would be nice.

Peter

Suggested posts