Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads on mobile are starting to freeze Spotify app

Ads on mobile are starting to freeze Spotify app

This has started happening the last few days.  "A brief message from our sponsors" will turn into a stalled Spotify app.  The ad won't play, music won't resume.  The only recourse here is for me to power cycle my iPhone.  Very inconvenient.  Anyone else seeing this?

2 Replies

Hi there,

this seems very unusual as adverts on spotify free tend to be made so that they are not taking up too much power and phone reasources. I believe this may be due to an older model of the phone or perhaps a software issue with the phone as it could be the use of other apps whilst using spotify which may be the cause of the problem.

I believe you should close all tasks and apps / games on your phone before opening the spotify app for music. If the problem persists then maybe speaking to the spotify help desk may be of use .

Link here.

Hope that helps! if it did dont hesitate to leave a like or a kudos or perhaps leaving this comment as the solution.

Thanks!

This keeps happening to me as well; I have iPhone 6, and have no other apps running when it happens.  The app plays a couple of ads and then does nothing.  Just the spinning gray circle, which I leave spinning until frustration sets in.  The only fix is to close the app and reopen it.

Suggested posts