Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AirPlay speaker missing on iPad

AirPlay speaker missing on iPad

On iPad AirPlay icon is present but speaker is not showing up. This was not and issue two weeks ago, but not I cannot fine the speaker via iPad, however other devices can find the source. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
5 Replies

Tried restarting the iPad?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, so I've done the following:

Deleted and reinstalled the App

Cleared the cashe, deleted and reinstalled the App

Reset router

I had the Libatone app installed for another speaker, thought that might be an issue and deleted that as well.

To be clear, the AirPlay Icon is present, but the only device that shows up is the iPad.... The main AirPlay device, is an apple airport express adapter that connects to my main stero. Again, all worked without a hitch upuntill a few weeks ago.

Problem solved..... Apparently, the AirPlay selection window is a scrolling window now. The AirPlay destination was just scrolled down and below the viewable field. Suggestion to the developers, just make all the AirPlay destinations viewable. It would also be cool if you could allow spotify to play more than one AirPlay destination at a time, that would make me one happy use!

OMG, i feel so stupid but this is confusing... DEVs, please make a list, not a scroll down... i have let aside the ipad for two months because of this! 🙂

Please follow up on this. The scrolling thing is extreamly stupid. Do yourself a favour and try it yourself, then you see just how little userfriendky this is.

Suggested posts