Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AirPods pausing Spotify after a few seconds

AirPods pausing Spotify after a few seconds

Plan
Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 5.4

My Question or Issue

I have a brand new iPhone 13 and now I have brand new AirPods 3rd generation.  Spotify is pausing after a few seconds every time I use it.  I have tried removing the app and adding again and I have tried forgetting my AirPods and reconnecting.  I have also tried Apple Music and peleton bike and no problems at all so there are no issues with the AirPods seen elsewhere

7 Replies

Hey @Sjones,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that your having such an issue with your new phone.

Can you go in the phone's settings and check that Background App Refresh is enabled and that the Spotify app is granted all Permissions.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex

i can confirm on both of those things.  I am at a loss on what to do so maybe send the AirPods back as a first resort and try again

If Spotify pauses only with AirPods, it means there's a problem with the Bluetooth. Check your internet connection – if you're listening to Spotify using the internet, check your connection. Spotify can often pause if the signal is poor.

Hi Rath986

Nothing had changed in terms of internet set up and speed tests etc. didn’t show any fault.  I have currently reset everything again and so far so good so maybe has been sorted by doing this (fingers crossed!)

Hi people,

Thanks for keeping us posted!
@Sjones, please let us know if the issue pops up again and, if it does - let us know whether there was a specific condition, which had triggered the fault.

We're here for you if any other questions come to mind in the meantime.
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Any updates on this? I have an iPhone X with the Gen 3 Airpods and I am having the identical issues. I have also tried all of the fixes you listed.

Hey @SliceAndDice,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We tried reproducing this on our end but we were not able to. 

However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Hopefully you'll see if it gets improved but we can't guarantee when or if this will be solved!

Take care!

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts