Announcements

Airplane Mode - Cyprus

Highlighted

Airplane Mode - Cyprus

Casual Listener

Hi,

Instead of trying to Sync a load of songs to my phone im wondering if it possible to use Spotify in Airplane mode, and in another country. I plan on going to Cyprus, but want to use NO data at all IE Phone is in airplane mode constantly /mobile data turned off - otherwise itll cost me a fortune! 

However, I dont want to pay for spotify premium and then it turns out that i still need to use some data, as when im out there, im out there. I don't want to commit to something and then it breaking, leaving me with no music whatso ever. 

thanks

james

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Airplane Mode - Cyprus

Community Legend

You do need to log into Spotify briefly every 30 days to keep offline playlists available. This is just a subscription check. Other than that you should be good to go. Does this help?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi,

It should do! I have just heard a few things with people not being able to log in etc. What if my phone goes flat and then turns back on, should I still be logged in?

Its just that I'm with giff gaff (where you get data, minutes, texts but no credit) thus disabling me to log on in a foreign country if I ever needed to

Just dont want to have 1000 tracks on spotify to be able to listen to, then realise when im out there that I cant and be stuck with no music 😞

Highlighted

Community Legend

No need to stay logged in, the app just needs a couple of minutes every 30 days to check back with Spotify's servers. 

SUGGESTED POSTS