Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alarm silent when playing music

Alarm silent when playing music

Premium

Switzerland

iPhone X

iOS 12.(?)

My Question or Issue

When I put on music on Spotify and set an alarm on the basic apple clock app, the alarm will go off but with no sound. 

(When Spotify is closed the alarm goes off with sound.) 

Does anyone have the same problem or can help me?

Thank you.

6 Replies

Hey @sarinaa, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I have the same device as you, iPhone X and I tested this and the alarm goes off with sound as normal.

Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? Also, could you let me know your iOS version? You can find this by going to Settings > General > About. 

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey!

I have the 12.3.1 Version and I reinstalled it and tried it again. Now it worked and I hope it's fixed for good. But it didn't always happen before.. So I hope it's good now. Or do you have any other ideas on how to fix it? 

I really don't wanna oversleep again, haha.

Thank you so much for your help! 🙂

Hey @sarinaa,

Awesome - you're very welcome! I'm happy to hear that everything is working again.

If you'd like to test to see if it's working with no issues, go to the Clock app > Alarms > Add an alarm to the next minute (example if it was 12:59 pm, set one for 1:00 pm). Play some music in the Spotify app, and wait for the alarm to go off. It the alarm goes off with sound, then you're good to go.

Also, it seems like you're not on the latest version of iOS. The latest version is iOS 12.4. I'd recommend updating your device to the latest version. You can go to Settings > General > Software Update.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Come to our other thread.  We have one that is a support group for this bug.

Spotify has not even acknowleged this and it is 100% reproducible and is not fixed.  What you did is a temp fix.  Connect through bluetooth again via car and the bug will appear again.  Missed multiple alarms because of this.

Good to know.

So I'll guess I gotta gamble a little till it's fixed for good. 

Thanks for your reply!

One temporary fix that I noticed is that you can go to your alarm tone and select “stop playing”. Then, set a timer for like 2 seconds and let it run out. This seems to cut off all music sources completely. Then, set another timer or alarm with the tone of your choice and it should go off at normal volume. 

note: just pausing my music or quitting Spotify did not accomplish the same thing—issues would still persist. Also, updating Spotify did not address this either.

Suggested posts