Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art not showing IOS 8.1

Solved!

Album art not showing IOS 8.1

Its november 2014 and the album art isnt showing. Not sure if its just a problems with me but any solutions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Version 2.1 is now out! All album art bugs should be fixed including the display of album art for local files.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your album covers!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

This will be fixed in an update soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

As Matt mentioned, it's a known bug and will hopefully fixed soon.

Still it would be great if you could give us more information about your device and experiences under this bug report: [iOS] Album art not showing for offline tracks

To save you time, commenting on the bug report won't be needed unless you want to. The dev team has plenty of info on it already.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have the same problem but itยดs not only for offline tracks. Itยดs for all playlists that I have on my iphone 5S. But only playlists that Iยดve made in November, not older.

@flamedphoenix 

This will be fixed soon in an update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

When is "soon"? We've been told "soon" for far too long and have had nothing done about this.... I've had this issue since April of 2014 and all we've been told is that it's being worked on... I might as well cancel my subscription at this point, much rather have my own offline library with album art.

I'm having the same issue, it's so annoying and it's even more annoying that we've been told 'soon' can you not give us a eta of the next update? Or at least how far off you are from fixing the solution?

With all due respect. I'm not paying a premium for an app that doesn't function properly. It's one thing when a free app doesn't work, but this is unacceptable. I feel as though we should get a prorated refund based on partial functionality.

Soon, for real this time.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi There - I see that this issue has been discussed for some time? I also see @MattSuda is giving 0 insight aside from saying "Soon, for real this time." Can we have a real update here? I understand Spotify doesen't see us as "clients" but can you please give some insight into the fix, along with the potential release date for this bug? I to am paying for a premium app which does not function as expected - is there a prorated process here?

@4ARage 

I'm not just some random dude off the street. I am trusted by Spotify to provide help to people here on this forum.

Spotify does not provide official support here on the forum. The Spotify Community forum is powered by the users of Spotify. This forum is a place for users to get help from other users as well as help other users. Spotify employees do read the forum and post from time to time, but it is not considered an official place to contact Spotify. Spotify has made no promise to reply to people here.

Spotify provides official support through their contact form and @SpotifyCares on Twitter.

If you contact Spotify support, they will not give you a specific date when things will be fixed or even say "soon".

I try to help out by at least giving an estimated date. This will be fixed in an update "soon". This isn't something I made up. I have sources for my information. Sometimes things in development change, so "soon" is not guaranteed.

Just because I am not a Spotify employee doesn't mean you should not trust me. I am volunteering my time to help you guys out.

Matt Suda

Spotify Community Rock Star

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks @MattSuda for your response.

Please note that I never contested the validity of your statement nor do I think you are a random person off the street nor do I not trust you. I am simply asking for greater detail into the timeline of "soon." As someone who works with enterprise software, I completely understand that development resources are often shifted when higher priority issues arise.

Is it possible to provide some greater detail into the priority of this item along with the potential patch to be released with?

Thanks in advance.

@4ARage 

Sorry, it's just that a lot of people don't trust what I have to say. I wanted to be clear on that.

The album art bug will be fixed in the next update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi I may have found a brief solution to the problem. After uninstalling 3 times. I finally got album covers. But. What I did was for about 10 mins I shuffled through songs letting the albums come up. Than I made them avaliable for offline. When I did this the album covers went away. So I stopped it again and shuffled through songs letting each songs album cover come up. After the second time doing this I let the song play while making offline and now I get album covers. I don't know if it's a solution but for now it seems to have worked. Can someone try this it your having this problem to see if it works?
Marked as solution

Version 2.1 is now out! All album art bugs should be fixed including the display of album art for local files.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your album covers!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts