Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art not showing on lock screen

Solved!

Album art not showing on lock screen

So I'm using Premium on ios 11.4.1, and the album art simply doesn't show up on the lock screen. It's just a white box with the controls instead (which works, but I would much rather have the album art there). Doesn't matter if I'm offline or not, and Spotify is also updated. Is it supposed to be like this? Any help is appreciated!

85F70726-316B-44F3-9547-06AE1E6FCA9A.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @TimothyAndr,

If you mean the little square where each song has an artwork then that is how it looks for everyone who uses iOS.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

That's how it looks on mine too:

IMG_0013.PNG

Hey, thanks for the response! I tried both restarting my phone and reinstalling spotify and none of them seemed to work. SInce it looks the same for you, maybe there's a setting or something that I don't know about? 

Anyway, I'm on ios 11.4.1 and on Spotify version 8.4.61.719 if that helps!

Marked as solution

Hey @TimothyAndr,

If you mean the little square where each song has an artwork then that is how it looks for everyone who uses iOS.

Have a nice day 🙂

Huh... I remember it covering the entire screen. Been awhile since I've used ios 😛

Thanks anyway 🙂

Hey @TimothyAndr,

You are not wrong with that 😉

It used to be so in iOS 9 and below but has changed since iOS 10 and look at my gorgeous black player in iOS 12!

https://open.spotify.com/track/2zS9DQ5hYnFmzjJGur4Mvo

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this frustrated black wallpaper issue on iPhones. but here are consolidated some steps to try, along with potential causes:-

1. Restart your iPhone:- Often, a simple restart can fix temporary glitches.

2. Check for Updates:- Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.

3. Check Focus Modes:- Go to Settings > Focus,open each Focus mode and go to Customize Screens, & make sure the selected wallpaper isn't set to a black image. Disable any Focus modes you're not actively using.
4. Free Up Storage:- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, & delete unused apps, photos, and videos.
5. Reset Wallpaper Settings:- Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper, & try using a built-in wallpaper first. If this works, your custom image may be causing the issue.
6. Redownload custom image:- If you were using a custom image, try redownloading it from iCloud or wherever you stored it.

7. Reset all settings:- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings. (This will not erase your data but will reset network settings, keyboard dictionary, etc.)

If the problem persists follow more details assistance below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H86k6TeeMDA&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Suggested posts