Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album cannot be played, but only on phone

Album cannot be played, but only on phone

I just added a new album to my playlist but my app says the songs can't be played. But when I tryed playing them on my computer it worked. So the songs only don't play on my phone and I have no idea why.

Anhang 1.jpg
3 Replies

Hi, @luiselu!

Sometimes, songs on spotify are only available in certain countries. As of now, spotify does not have control over the content available and is based on the preference of the artist and music label. I suggest checking your location on your phone to see if it adds up with that of your spotify account on the computer. Also, try logging out and logging back in, or maybe refreshing the app!

If this problem still continues, try typing this code below in your search box, while replacing ALBUM CODE with the numbers at the end of your album URL. If the songs are greyed, this means that the song is not available in your country. 

spotify:album:ALBUM CODE

Good luck and tell me how this goes for you! 🙂

But if it isn't available in my country (Germany), then why can I play the songs on my computer? If it really wasn't available, then shouldn't I be not able to play them on my computer as well?

But still thank you for your replay 🙂

Oh, I see where you're coming from. Okay! I suggest you try clearing your cache in mobile! I'm pretty sure it will work this time! Or reinstall the app on your phone 🙂 

Suggested posts