Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album cover missing

Solved!

Album cover missing

Hi there, 

since at least the last three app updates, in the first view, the album cover image is not displayed on left navigation site. After album is started to play, the cover field is empty. When I rotate the device from portrait to landscape mode, the cover appears immediately. When I start in landscape mode, the same, after rotation to portrait mode the cover is visible. It also seems to be occurs only when the first track is playing, with shuffle button playing too. I think it could be a thing with the cache, because when I switch to other albums and change back to a already played album, the cover image is immediately visible.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

IPad Pro 2018

Operating System

iPadOS 13.1.3

2934B280-4A63-4898-8889-493230BA4169.jpeg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I'm not sure if it's currently a good idea to find a solution for my issue. In the last days, the Spotify App presents every day a other layout on startpage. Yesterday a complete blank page, today a layout with unpersonalized music buttons only, music categories which doesn't match to my taste. Therefore I think, this issue is not caused through my own behavior, rather through development changes. Until now, I was satisfied with function and layout, I could discover much music and unknown artists, but currently I'm not happy about changes as premium user.

I will close my request.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi there,

I followed your suggestion. I have uninstalled the Spotify app, installed again, but same behavior like the named issue. I tried also app uninstall, then a reboot the device and install again. Both ways were unsuccessful. The issue isn‘t solved.

Ipad Pro 11"
Ipados 13.1.3
Spotify app version: 8.5.29.960

Hey @TimeGhost,

Could you try using Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify account page?

If possible, could you try it with another Spotify account in this device to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi, I'm not sure if it's currently a good idea to find a solution for my issue. In the last days, the Spotify App presents every day a other layout on startpage. Yesterday a complete blank page, today a layout with unpersonalized music buttons only, music categories which doesn't match to my taste. Therefore I think, this issue is not caused through my own behavior, rather through development changes. Until now, I was satisfied with function and layout, I could discover much music and unknown artists, but currently I'm not happy about changes as premium user.

I will close my request.

Suggested posts