Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album covers missing...

Solved!

Album covers missing...

Most album covers are missing as of this morning, whether in playlist, Artist, Song, or Album tabs.  They are available when the iPhone 6 IOS8 is in wifi mode, but as soon as it gets off wifi mode, most album covers disappear.  The ones that remain do not show settings differences with the ones that don't.   Using Spotify 1.8.0.2444:  Spotify, Any ideas?

29 Replies

@glimmic 

This is a new bug in the new 1.9 version of the iOS app.

Spotify is aware of this bug and they are looking into it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same issue ever since I got the new Iphone 6 plus. Album artwork shows on wifi, but not on cellular. I have "use cellular data" allowed in my settings. This has been an issue for a month now.

The album covers came back on after a few days.  Not sure what glitch was, but I figure it shoud not happen.  Not sure how the code retrieves/queries album covers when the application opens, but I should figure that whether on wifi or on cell bandwidth should not matter.  Maybe it is a good question for Spotify software architects.

Matt,

Version 2.0.0 has been out since Nov 11, but artwork for offline albums still does not show while playing songs. 

Is a bug fix scheduled soon? I am a Premium subcriber, iPhone 6 Plus, ios 8.1.1.

Spotify no artwork

Thanks.

@BobVanguard 

This will be fixed in the next update which is coming soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

fantastic.

And there was much rejoicing...

and there was much rejoicing.JPG

Marked as solution

Version 2.1 is now out! All album art bugs should be fixed including the display of album art for local files.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your album covers!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Working again for me! Thanks! Now if we could get the album dragging into playlst issue solved!  Dragging full albums into playlists on Mac

I will borrow this thread as i have this issue with my huawei p9. Why? Shouldn't this be fixed? I am paying for spotify and want this to be working.

Suggested posts