Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums with multiple entries under same name not showing up in New Version of iOS App

Albums with multiple entries under same name not showing up in New Version of iOS App

I have noticed this using the new iOS version on both the iPad and iPhone.  For example, if you search for an album that has more than one entry under the same album name (different editions, commentary albums, edited/explicit) it will only show one of those editions/entries and have no way to select the others.

If you want an example, if you search for fun., the only option available under the Artist page is the album that only has the commentary tracks.  This is true for anything else that has multiple entries as well.

I just wanted to point this out as it makes it impossible to choose different editions on the mobile apps now and in some cases you can't listen to the album if you don't have it in a playlist already since it only shows the "commentary" or only the "clean" version.

10 Replies

Ah, is that the issue. Just double, posted about that here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Library-different-on-iPad-app-some-album... Didn't realise that it was double naming that was the issue. I hazard a guess at duff database coding!

This is pretty concerning as it makes it impossible to search for some things.  I sent a note over to Support through the Contact Form and just got a standard response saying that sometimes Explicit/Clean versions aren't always available.  It was almost like they didn't even read what I wrote.

I hope someone takes note of this and fixes it ASAP.

Any sort of recognition on this?

Huh.  That is weird.  If you search for "fun" or go to the artist page, the only version of Some Nights that shows up is the one w/ commentary (+ 4 versions of A&I...what the hell?).  If you search for "Some Nights", you can see both.  Hopefully someone from Spotify will chime in here.

Having the same problem. 

I'm curious - if this ever going to be fixed?  Even with the newest version it still does not show all the album entries under the Artist view when searching/going to it through the menus.

This is especially annoying with explicit/clean versions or when there is a deluxe/non-deluxe.  For example the new Glen Hansard it only shows the regular version under the artist page.  But when you search for it under album you see both.  There's definitely an issue here as this did not happen before the iPad/universal app.

AHEM.... anything on this?

Like I said before this occurs with multiple entries of one album (like when you see the arrow in the desktop version, which when clicked showed all the versions).  And to clarify, this is an issue on the Artist Page itself.  You can directly search for the artist and choose albums to find them but what if you are browsing artist pages?  Not all the entries are there.  Those pages are definitely flawed.

It should be noted that this worked FINE on the mobile apps before 0.5.x (universal app).  What happened...?  And it is happening on both iphone and ipad.

Also I have sent this through the contact form as well (a while back) and they just acted like nothing was wrong.

"AHEM.... anything on this?"

Seems to be pretty well ignored.  I've had this issue for months.  The app only displays censored versions of songs.  I'm old enough to make that choice on my own, thanks.

Just thought I'd toss this to the top again - this is still an issue.  Can we please get this fixed?  There are ways around it but it is still annoying.

February of 2013 and nobody even wants to address this? This is ridiculous. 

If I search for an artist , let's say Atlas Genius, it shows me their two singles but fails to show their full elngth album that has the same name as one of the singles. The only way to find the full album is search the album title.

Suggested posts