Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full Screen Canvas

Full Screen Canvas

I usually have my phone on a dock when listening to Spotify at home or at a party and before the update you could tap the canvas to enter a fullscreen Canvas. The art was so vibrant and it was very entertaining. 

Can you please bring it back as now the canvas artwork is very very dark thanks to the shadow of the player so there's no point in even having it anymore as you cant see half of it.

I Beg you to bring back the fullscreen canvas as a feature or setting. (so the HUD dissappears)

Please consider it

Isian

21 Replies

Updated on 2020-02-08

Hey @isian 

What OS / version are you using? In the latest Android version the fullscreen canvas is still available when you tap it.

You should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.

If not, please search for the issue in the respective help section and post there to be in the loop. If it doesn't exist you can create a new topic, so it can fixed.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Version 8.5.44.828 Latest iOS 

I just reinstalled but nothing has changed

Just to confirm, the canvas still works but it is still faded out and NOT full screen (without the play buttons) like it used to be before the last update. 

Why cant I watch the Canvas on full screen on my phone anymore? And if I can how because I used to be able to tap the canvas and view it full screen.

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS 13.4)

My Question or Issue

I have seen the canvas feature on the iPhone app change many times. First (#1) it was a full screen visualiser, but slightly hidden by the dark controls overlay. Then when you tapped the screen the dark controls would remove to the nice bright full screen visualiser.

Next it was updated (#2) so the two choices/taps were a full screen with dark overlay, or the artist square album cover (regular view). Which wasn’t great as you couldn’t get the above bright full screen visualiser anymore.

It was then updated again back to (#1), so I was happy again!

Now in the latest update, 15/04/2020, it is back to (#2) version. I think if artists are paying for a full screen visualiser add on for each song, we should be able to select to view it full screen.

Perhaps add another toggle option under Settings>Playback>Canvas?

Thanks!

Dave

Hey,

since the last Update you can’t switch the canvas to fullscreen mode with a tap.

I liked the canvas in fullscreen a lot so please add it back in, tap to get to the normal song image is just boring and the player buttons are in front of the canvas and this isn’t really nice to see either...

Btw I know this was taken out like 2 months ago,then added back in and now it’s gone again, please just let us see the canvas in fullscreen or at least give us the option if you want to tap to see the picture or tap to see fullscreen canvas without the player buttons!

I guess, it's not a problem with a version of software or a device, this feature was just removed and in my opinion it's some misunderstanding and big disapointment. Instead of cool bright clips we have now a choice (an option in settings was added) between having only a album cover, or almost invisible clips (because of shaded background and player buttons over this canvas) and album cover after tap. Before the changes, screen tap was causing a turn on of this bright canvas.

Guys, I beg you too for a returning this functionality as it was before - maybe managed somehow in a settings to give a possibility to adjust this stuff for everyones needs, because right now it makes no sense to use this feature for me.

I feel now, like I would have to eat a cookies without removing them from a packaging before. The most sad thing about that, is that those cookies were so damn good :(.

I know exactly what you mean, I miss the full screen feature as well. Spotify, please bring it back!

Hey there @FatCheese.

I hope that you are keeping well, in order to get your feedback to the right folks at Spotify I'd recommend that leave some feedback over on the idea here alongside give it a +VOTE in order for the right folks to see this. 

Best,

I really enjoyed having the option to tap it full or faded. The slider in the settings is a good option for those who don't like it. Another option could be a long tap to turn the feature on/off.

I hope they bring it back, the GIFs definitely make the music feel more alive, and I've noticed it tends to match the beat usually. Imagine how people would feel if they blocked normal album covers with the HUD, people would be going insane. That's how I feel, it really takes away from the experience.

Since several days this feature is available again.

Thank you Spotify!

The above problem is still on my Spotify account (UK). I love the canvas feature and really don't understand why I cannot view it fullscreen when it goes to the album cover; pretty boring to look at an album cover rather than a video loop if you ask me.

So, Spotify... PLEASE PLEASE add a feature on the settings tab where you can turn on and off viewing canvases in full screen!!

I cant fix it... plese help me, how did you fixed it?

Spotify friends please come back with Fullscreen Canvas for iOs, the current one with HUD is horrible. 

It looks like they fixed it for a little bit, but it’s back to what it was doing before. Tapping on the shaded canvas video switches to the album art, so there’s no option to watch the video full-screen. It’s maddening and defeats the purpose of the canvas videos. I’m on iOS ver 8.5.60.881. 

We want canvas fullscreen again!!!!!

Iphone 7

IOS: 13.5.1

Canvas still working on Spotify, but now its like faded out + the play buttons covers the canvas and you cant tap the image to make it full screen, because it will just replace it with the album picture.

As you guys will see in the images, music does not feel the same in my opinion, and it doesnt feel alive like it used to be (Image 2).

This feature was working good until version: 8.5.58(836089271)

mal (1).jpg
bien (1).jpg
10.jpg

This has been bothering me for a while.

I would like to see the full canvas but the new(er) feature in which tapping the screen no longer gets rid of the HUD and instead switches the canvas to the album cover is limiting my view of the canvas. They are now almost not visible with the shadows from the HUD over it. I think the short videos are fun to look at while listening and I would like to appreciate them in their entirety. Does anybody know how to get rid of the display with the pause button to see the full canvas?

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR 

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

Hey there @yorkenu

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

In case the album cover is visually interfering with the canvas feature you might need to get the latest version of the Spotify app. The best way to do this is by running a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app on your iPhone. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on any device. Check out this help page to find the steps for a clean reinstall depending on the affected device.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

If the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick for you, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.  

I did the full clean reset, but i still cant make the pause button go away so i can see the full canvas. However, I could not figure out how to disable power saving options and restrictions. Do you know how?

Suggested posts