[All Platforms][Other] Make Full Screen Canvas a Feature

Solved!
Highlighted

[All Platforms][Other] Make Full Screen Canvas a Feature

Casual Listener

I usually have my phone on a dock when listening to Spotify at home or at a party and before the update you could tap the canvas to enter a fullscreen Canvas. The art was so vibrant and it was very entertaining. 

Can you please bring it back as now the canvas artwork is very very dark thanks to the shadow of the player so there's no point in even having it anymore as you cant see half of it.

I Beg you to bring back the fullscreen canvas as a feature or setting. (so the HUD dissappears)

Please consider it

Isian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: [All Platforms][Other] Make Full Screen Canvas a Feature

Casual Listener

Version 8.5.44.828 Latest iOS 

I just reinstalled but nothing has changed

Just to confirm, the canvas still works but it is still faded out and NOT full screen (without the play buttons) like it used to be before the last update. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: [All Platforms][Other] Make Full Screen Canvas a Feature - Status changed to: Need more information

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Updated on 2020-02-08

Hey @isian 

What OS / version are you using? In the latest Android version the fullscreen canvas is still available when you tap it.

You should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.

If not, please search for the issue in the respective help section and post there to be in the loop. If it doesn't exist you can create a new topic, so it can fixed.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂
osorniosRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

Version 8.5.44.828 Latest iOS 

I just reinstalled but nothing has changed

Just to confirm, the canvas still works but it is still faded out and NOT full screen (without the play buttons) like it used to be before the last update. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: [All Platforms][Other] Make Full Screen Canvas a Feature - Status changed to: Need more informat

Casual Listener

I guess, it's not a problem with a version of software or a device, this feature was just removed and in my opinion it's some misunderstanding and big disapointment. Instead of cool bright clips we have now a choice (an option in settings was added) between having only a album cover, or almost invisible clips (because of shaded background and player buttons over this canvas) and album cover after tap. Before the changes, screen tap was causing a turn on of this bright canvas.

Guys, I beg you too for a returning this functionality as it was before - maybe managed somehow in a settings to give a possibility to adjust this stuff for everyones needs, because right now it makes no sense to use this feature for me.

I feel now, like I would have to eat a cookies without removing them from a packaging before. The most sad thing about that, is that those cookies were so damn good :(.

Highlighted

Visitor
I know exactly what you mean, I miss the full screen feature as well. Spotify, please bring it back!
Highlighted

I really enjoyed having the option to tap it full or faded. The slider in the settings is a good option for those who don't like it. Another option could be a long tap to turn the feature on/off.

I hope they bring it back, the GIFs definitely make the music feel more alive, and I've noticed it tends to match the beat usually. Imagine how people would feel if they blocked normal album covers with the HUD, people would be going insane. That's how I feel, it really takes away from the experience.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Since several days this feature is available again.

Thank you Spotify!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I cant fix it... plese help me, how did you fixed it?
Highlighted

It looks like they fixed it for a little bit, but it’s back to what it was doing before. Tapping on the shaded canvas video switches to the album art, so there’s no option to watch the video full-screen. It’s maddening and defeats the purpose of the canvas videos. I’m on iOS ver 8.5.60.881. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

We want canvas fullscreen again!!!!!

SUGGESTED POSTS