Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Already synced iTunes song does not play or sync anymore

Already synced iTunes song does not play or sync anymore

I have incorporated a couple of my bought iTunes songs into Spotify playlists. The sync worked just fine after installing Quicktime, and all of them play on my iPhone.

Out of the sudden, one of those songs is not playable anymore. I have tried to remove it from the playlist, and sync it back in. It disappears from the playlist, and reappears as expected. But it is still unplayable on my iPhone.

The song has the same format as other synced songs (M4R), and I cannot make out any difference to the songs that sync and play just fine.

Can you help me out?

6 Replies

Is it greyed out or gone entirely?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

It shows up in the list, but the title is greyed out.

and it's saved on your device...so it shoudl be able to play even if Spotify doesn't normally allow it. When you're looking for the song, does it show greyed out under Songs or Your Music?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I just found somthing like a playlist above my playlists (in Spotify on iPhone), called "Local Files". The song is in there, among others, but also greyed out.

That song seems to be available via Spotify (native) now. Might that be the reason why it will not sync from my iTunes library anymore?

There is currently a bug inside of the iOS app that causes the local files to sometimes unsync.

It is likely this bug that is causing you to have problems.

The developers are currently investigating this and hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

To temporarily solve this problem, you can reinstall the app and resync the local files.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts