Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Always on shuffle on mobile device

Solved!

Always on shuffle on mobile device

Recently, in the past month or two I've noticed my premium spotify playlist no longer plays in any certain order. Its always on shuffle whether I press shuffle or not. I've downladed all the updates and still seem to have this issue. Its fine on my computer but on my iPhone 6 this issue remains. I can manually queue each song and that will play fine but it will never play the orginal list straight through.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found the solution to turn off shuffle. The solution is easy, but hidden

1. Open the playlist

2. Press play on any track

3.On the bottom bar, where the song that is currently playing is listed, click it so that the full album cover is displayed

4. Look for the shuffle icon (2 criss-crossing arrows), and unclick it or unhighlight

Your playlist will now play in any order you would like. So simple, but yet, so dumb.

Why on earth Spotify would make the shuffle button so big on the home screen of a playlist and the turn shuffle mode off button hidden away from the normal display is lost on me.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hey there welcome to the community!

Is your account appearing as premium on this page?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Good day. I am using a 5s and my app just started doing the random play thing today. I did check my account and yup, I still show as a premium subscriber. Help me make it stop picking for me!! Thanks

I am also a premium subscriber, as is my wife, and we are unable to play a playlist in any order aside from shuffle. This was not the case as of 3 weeks ago. I used to be able to pick a point in a playlist and it would play straight through from that point forward. Is this an Ios issue? It seems the limitations placed on non premium subscribers have been imposed on premium users (playlist only play in shuffle mode). Please help!

I'm having the same issue. I set my playlists in a certain order for my classes. If I cannot have this feature then I cannot use spotify 😞

How do I stop it from shuffle? Help!

Thank you! With that link no. When in each Spotify app (mobile or computer) it says premium though. Looks like we've identified the problem. What's the process to correct this? 

Its almost been a week without any response to my problem. It appears you've identitfied the source of the porblem but haven't resolved it yet. I'm a paying premium usuer that for some reason shows up as a "free" user on the link you've posted. If this persists I'll be cnaceling my service as its gotten to the point where it too annoying to be paying a premium when I can't listen to the music in the order I want. Please respond today with a solution....there hasn't been any hickups in my payment every month and I've been dealing with this for at least two months now. On a side note, it is frustrating that the only way you can get support is from a forum. Thank you, I hope to hear from Spotify soon.

Marked as solution

I have found the solution to turn off shuffle. The solution is easy, but hidden

1. Open the playlist

2. Press play on any track

3.On the bottom bar, where the song that is currently playing is listed, click it so that the full album cover is displayed

4. Look for the shuffle icon (2 criss-crossing arrows), and unclick it or unhighlight

Your playlist will now play in any order you would like. So simple, but yet, so dumb.

Why on earth Spotify would make the shuffle button so big on the home screen of a playlist and the turn shuffle mode off button hidden away from the normal display is lost on me.

Hope that helps!

Well..... I now know what that icon is for. That was way too easy of a fix. Thank you very much for your assistance

This did it for me! Can't thank you enough for responding with the solution and quickly.

Thanks so much!!! Customer service has been ignoring me - your solution worked! Thanks again for sharing.

Thaaaank you! I would have never figured that out on my own. I teach aerobic classes and so the order is critical and this problem was very frustrating. Thanks so much!

Thanks for this however doesn't solve the issue really as you have to do this every time a new album plays. Any solution on how to turn off for good?

Thanks again.

Thank You!  Yes, wins bad UI design award.

As a design the Big Green Shuffle button is a bad idea I think that there should be a feature where you can disable that button. I prefer not to use Shuffle It All. It's more of an obstacle to the functionality.

When I try doing this it opens up the upgrade to Premium icon and won't allow me to click onto it! 😡

What a legend, this has been bugging me for ages!!

Am I the only one who has tried this and the fix isn't really the fix? Maybe it used to be but I have tried this resolution over and over now and no dice. The playlist still insists on being random.

Suggested posts