Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

An error occured

Solved!

An error occured

This is all I get when trying to do a search in Spotify on my iOS device. It's been like this for a couple weeks now. I've tried logging out and back in (logging in both traditionally and via Facebook). I've also attempted removing the app and reinstalling it from the app store. It happens over both wifi and 4G.

My desktop spotify client works just fine.

Screenshot of error is attached.

2014-02-18 16.52.37.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Does restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen make any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

After 10 times cold restart (Full Power Off) it works... Don't know why. Thanks

Marked as solution

Tl;dr: I didn't have enough memory

Hi, I tried all the solutions previously reported to fix this issue.

Spotify was constantly showing "An error occurred" + try again button while searching for anything or going to browse or home on the iOS app.

It means you don't have enough free space (memory on your device). I deleted pictures and apps in order to free some space and that fixed the issue with Spotify.

Hope I helped

Marked as solution

I turned off my wi-fi, opened the app and then turned my wifi back on and haven't received the error.  Lets hope that worked!

29 Replies
Marked as solution

Does restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen make any difference?

Peter

Ah, so obvious I don't know why I didn't try it, but that did the trick! Thank you!

I tried this and nothing happened it 

Ditto. Did this too and nothing changed. I won't wait around a month for a fix

Same here. Rebooting has NO EFFECT.

Happening to me too. Doesn't work on my iPhone but works on my iPad. Have tried reinstalling and restarting to no avail.

Ditto

Restart and clean install no help

I'm having the same issue.  Rebooted the iPhone, uninstalled and reinstalled... nothing is working.  I have an iPhone 5c if that is useful information at all.

This started happening to me once I upgraded from an Iphone 5c to a 5s. idk if that makes a difference, as well. 

Unfortunately, I tried every solution and nothing works. I am still getting the same error. 

Still getting the same error on ipod 5th gen after clean reinstall & reboot.

All working again now guys?

Peter

Woke up and now working again. Thank you to whoever!

It's back.  Thanks for the fast response.  Well done guys.

I'm still have this Error. Desktopversion works fine. In Iphone 5 ios 7.0.6 Spotify 1.1.0.2545 nothing works. Can't search, seeing or listening to anything. Reboot and clean install changes nothing. What can i do? I'm still pay for a Premium abo an don't really want to quit. But if I can't use spotify there is no sense in paying for it. P.S.: The problems started with the latest iOS-Update. Bye
Marked as solution

After 10 times cold restart (Full Power Off) it works... Don't know why. Thanks

Quitting the app and allow the app to reconnect to Spotify should solve this issue.

It happens to me sometimes when the internet connection is poor.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I've done everything, rebooting, resolving, installing, logging in and out. Nothing works. Just same "error occurred"
I don't want to start from scratch but if Spotify doesn't fix this I will switch to Apple Music. I'm not paying for something that doesn't work.

I am getting the same error... tried rebooting the phone and it did not work. if this issue is not solved soon i will be leaving Spotify and getting apple music.

Neither my ipad nor my iphone would connect. Rebooted my ipad several times and it started working again. Phone magically started working again as well.

Suggested posts