Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

“An error occurred”/can’t play certain albums

“An error occurred”/can’t play certain albums

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8 IPAD)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

Hello- for the past few days I have been unable to search for anything on my Spotify iPad - an error message keeps popping up. Also, certain albums/artists won’t play - just nothing comes up. I have attached 2 screenshots of what I see. I have tried rebooting my device and install/reinstall the app as well. Please help. (My Spotify in my iPhone works just fine though oddly enough.) Thanks!

A1AB4706-C5FD-45D2-A51F-70D2F75BBA30.png
D5FAC007-EA72-453A-9774-D5396DBB01AD.png
4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps 🙂

Have you tried another network connection? Do you have any pending updates for Spotify or iOS?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello! Didn’t work unfortunately - I tried to reinstall and restart my iPad. Still doesn’t work. I’m using Spotify version 8.4.70.686, with iOS 11.4.1. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Hey @AmyT23,

Sorry that it didn't work 🙂

Could you try it with another internet connection? Does it help if you reset the phone's network settings?

I'd also suggest signing in with another Spotify account in your iPad to test it out.

Also, if possible could you try this on another device with similar specs?

Please let me know 🙂

Resetting my WiFi network worked! Thank you!!

Suggested posts