Country

United Kingdom

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

iOS 12.1.2

Version 

My Question or Issue

I listen to music through Bowers and Wilkins PX wireless headphones which automatically pause Spotify when I take them off. 

If the music remains paused longer than ~1minute then when the headphones try to restart the track Spotify crashes. When I try to manually play music this does not work either and requires restarting the app every time to fix. Even when not connected to the headphones the music won't start playing again. 

The previous versions of Spotify did not have this issue.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Chrissomething!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you add your details here in this thread?

Thanks! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Chrissomething!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you add your details here in this thread?

Thanks! 🙂

Thanks @Loxer, I should have mentioned that I've tried restarting/resetting my device as well as reinstalling the app, signing out etc. This hasn't helped. Will add to that thread. 

Im having the same problem, tried restarting the phone and reinstalling but nothing worked

• I’m having the same issue, since the 01/22/19 update. If I pause my music for around 45+ seconds it freezes and crashes and I have to get completely out of the app, get back in, and find the music I was listening to (it doesn’t “save” where you left off at like it normally does). I had hoped the 01/29/19 update would fix it, but I have noticed absolutely no change in anything. It’s really annoying and distracting that I can’t casually listen to music and pause while studying or working on a project. 

Another thing I’ve noticed is that it seems to be glitching with CarPlay. Now, this is more an issue my brother has (I just have a Bluetooth radio). Same deal: pause, freeze, crash. The imaging is also not fitting on screen. 

I currently have an IPhone 6s with the iOS 12.1.2 version. I have already tried rebooting my phone. 

Same issue. Whole thread of people struggling with this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/ajrv9r/iphone_app_crashing/

Hi all,

ever since the latest update on IOS i have found this to be the same problem. After pausing the music or if i had to receive a phone call with auto pause, the system seems to be frozen. I restart the app by closing it down and then opening it up again which seems to work but i am fed up closing/opening the app again. Can you help with some solutions? 

the Device restart hasnt helped at all.

Thnks in advance.

R

Definitely a new issue. I have the same, usually when my phone is connected via Bluetooth to my car, I get a phone call so it pauses and then when the call is over the app fails to play

Suggested posts