Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Crashing on iPhone Running IOS 7.1.2

Solved!

App Crashing on iPhone Running IOS 7.1.2

After the most recent update the app is crashing every time I try to open the app and then it stays stuck in the background but will not allow me to access the app. I have an iPhone 5 running IOS 7.1.2. I have also tried deleting the app and re-installing with no success.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Is anyone else that's experiencing this issue using Bluetooth? If so, can you try disabling it then see if the app still crashes?

If it is still happening, please let us know:

• Whether this is over WiFi or 3G/4G.
  • The version of the Spotify app you're running.
  • How much free space is on your iOS device.
  • Whether you have any cache-clearing apps.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Same here but I'm running 7.1.2. on an iPhone 4

Same error here

curiously my errors began the day I´ve a received an email announcing that my free trial for Apple Music was ready...

this was fixed for me by turning the phone on and off again (oldest but the simplest)

i have the same problem on my iphone 4  (ios 7.1.2). Spotify crash at the launch. 

i already reinstalled the app, restarted my iphone but these don't solve the problem.  

I am having exactly the same issue ever since IOS 3.7.0 update.  4S running iOS 7.1.2. Clean install doesnt help.

I have this problem too!

On an iPhone 4S, with iOS 7.1.2

I restarted the phone, then uninstalled and re-installed Spotify - but still the same!

The app starts at the screen with the icon appears for a few moments, but then it disappears to show the desktop.

I can see the app in the background, but it won't stay active in the foreground.

Hey guys

This doesn't sound good.

Just to check, how many devices are showing when you login to https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/? Does removing these, reinstalling and then resyncing your offline tracks help out?

Keep me posted. I'd love to help!

No offline devices connected. Still the same crash issue.

Hi All,

I've discovered a work around for my issue but it still is a problem. I use a bose wireless Bluetooth headphone set to listen to music and whenever I am connected to this or any other device such a jambox or car stereo this issue persists. However, if I turn of Bluetooth start the app it will work and then I reconnect my Bluetooth devices it is the strangest thing.

Thanks,

Max

This fixed it for me. I just disconneted the bluetooth and the app ran as it should.

Thx!

Marked as solution

Is anyone else that's experiencing this issue using Bluetooth? If so, can you try disabling it then see if the app still crashes?

If it is still happening, please let us know:

• Whether this is over WiFi or 3G/4G.
  • The version of the Spotify app you're running.
  • How much free space is on your iOS device.
  • Whether you have any cache-clearing apps.

Thanks!

So it's my bluetooth speaker, but my free space is nearing its max. Only 1.3 GB available.

Is a cache clearing app favorable or a source of the problem? Please advise.

@mattroberts1082 I'd recommend removing any cache-clearing apps if you have any, as these could be interfering.

Does this still happen if you disable Bluetooth and just run the app on your iPhone? 

Thanks.

Same issue on iPhone5 running 7.1.1. Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting and any possible variation of the three. Have even tried a hard restart in case of device issue and still get the same result - app crashes.

Coincidentally this occurred the day I began paying for premium service again... Will I be reimbursed or should I just cancel my membership?

Oops! Just saw all this about the bluetooth issue. Disconnecting Bluetooth and logging in, then reconnecting also worked for me.

Thanks! Hope this is addressed in the next update!

I see that Spotify has a new version available for download, v. 3.8.0 (Aug 31 2015). Before updating to this version I'd like to know if the problem of crashing for iPhone 4S (mine is iOS 7.1.2) users has now been fixed? Please can somebody attest to this?

@grndc2_ wrote:

Oops! Just saw all this about the bluetooth issue. Disconnecting Bluetooth and logging in, then reconnecting also worked for me.

Thanks! Hope this is addressed in the next update!

My iOS 7.1.1 required disabling Bluetooth for the Spotify v3.7.0 to open successfully. Now on the updated Spotify v3.8.0, this is fixed for me.

GL!

I was getting the same issue on a docked iphone 4s (Arcam dock) but not on other devices under the same premium account.

After an upgrade to 7.1.2 to try and cure a halting playback I then started getting more issues.  My playlists disappeared, it played sporadically, but mainly just refused to play. Occaisionally it would play when undocked but as soon as I put it back it stopped. It would play some songs but not others and it didn't appear to make any difference whether they were offline songs or not. The behaviour was inconsistent.

The device would usually report that it was offline even when conencted to the wifi and was able to continue to play 8Tracks.

So, today i restarted the device AND (stupidly I didn't do one test and then the other so it could be either of these resolutions) logged into my account on a pc and removed all offline devices.

I never realised that i could only have three...and I had Spotify on two laptops, a tablet, two iphones and two android smartphones!!!

Cleared offline devices and it now works a treat. Looks like it was just getting confused with all the devices vying for the account.

hope this may help.

Pip

Suggested posts