Free

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 6s and iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

For the past year, I have had the app crash within 10 minutes every single time it’s in the background. I have tried updating the app, turning off low power mode, turning on background app refresh, logging in and out, deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, factory resetting my phone, updating my phone, and buying an entirely new phone. The only thing that works is changing my phone’s settings to never go to sleep, and leaving the app in focus while I listen to music. This is obviously detrimental to my battery and not an acceptable solution. What else can I do? I’m really tired of the continuous drop in quality with Spotify.

4 Replies

Hey there @sherlockh0meboy,  

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome. 

We're sorry to hear that you feel like this, but we're here to help. Would you mind letting us know if you've already performed a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate it? This will help us see if the issue is related to your account. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Neither of those solutions worked. The app still crashes regularly.

Hey @sherlockh0meboy

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Our team is currently aware of a similar issue. Can you confirm if this is the behavior you're experiencing? 

If so, we'd recommend adding your info and your +VOTE to that thread. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, that sounds exactly like what I have been dealing with for the past year.

Suggested posts