Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App doesn't recognize my Premium account on my iPhone

Solved!

App doesn't recognize my Premium account on my iPhone

Since the last update my Spotify App on my iPhone doesn't recognize my Premium account anymore. On my Mac it still says I have a Premium account.

I can log in on the app, search music, but when I press a song, I get a new screen that says it's Premium material and that you need a Premium account to listen to this song. 

I monthly pay 9,99, but it just doesn't work!!

Please give me a solution soon or I will stop using Premium!

Gr. Michiel

83 Replies

Hi there. I seem to be having a similar problem. I was listening to spotify on my iPhone yesterday then all of my playlists wiped. I've now tried to re sync and it seems my account isn't even being recognised as premium.

Please can you help

Hey Lucyfreeman5286 - Your case is a bit different. What's happened here is your last Premium payment couldn't go through successfully. 

I recommend make sure your credit card still meets all of the following requirements:

1. Your card must not have expired. 

2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. 

3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).

4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

5. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

Once you've confirmed, those head over to your subscription page. From there you can update your CC details and then resubscribe to Premium. 

hi

I have the same Problem , what can wen or when will the bug be fixed ? Since 12 days i  only can use the Desktop programm but not my app on my iphone.

List of things that didnt worked for me..

Reinstall 

Fully Restore Iphone 

Wifi / 3G , nothin worked to get the premium function on my phone

Thx from Germany

Hi Meredith -

I'm having the same issue with my Premium subscription. Since the most recent app update, I believe when I logged in I must have created a duplicate account. can you please remove the dupe so i can login again.

Currently I can't see my playlists or stream on-demand.

Thanks!

alrkn

Marked as solution

Nanjiroh- That's strange. Your upgrade has definitely gone through. 

Are you signing in with your Facebook email and password? Can you also confirm which app version you have installed on your iPhone? 

alrkn- You have indeed made a dupiclate account via your Facebook. Not to worry, that's gone now. 

To avoid confusion, I recommend always signing in with your 'alrkn' username (not your email). You could also link your Facebook to 'alrkn' via your Preferences page. 

Im Signing in with Facebook 

Here is a Screen from my Phone

image.png

Hi Nanjiroh- Everything looks in order here. What exactly are you having trouble with? 

Are you having difficulties syncing the playlists for offline use? Check our our FAQ here. Please be sure you're following all of those steps--especially connecting to the same wi fi. 

Let me know how that works for you. Thanks!

If i want to listen to a song , the app told me that i need premium for that , but i have premium. I relogged multiple times , De and Reinstall it but nothing worked. With the 30 Free Days the app worked well but since i have premium , the app doenst work anymore.

Nanjiorh - It would be really helpful if we could get a screenshot of the tracks you're trying to stream and/ or the message you're receiving. 

We'll get to the bottom of this so you can enjoy your Premium ASAP. 

Here the Screens , i hope it makes no problem  they are in German 😉

Premium.pngPremium2.png

This is just a example , but i cant listen to any song. 

Hi Nanjiroh - Thanks, those screenshots are very helpful. 

I'd like to confirm a couple details with you to be sure we're both talking about the same Spotify account. Please keep an eye on your personal inbox for me. 

i just paid for the premium account and it doesnt recongize it on either my iphone or mac

This is happening to me also, I have never linked to Facebook so that is not the problem? Still cannot access my playlists.

Hello.

I just upgraded my account to premium after adding my card details, yet my iPhone does not seem to recognize the premium account. My Samsung Galaxy Note does, however, as well as my Mac and PC. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi Bubble ,

Logging Out of your Spotify Account and then out of your Facebook account on your Iphone.

Log in Into your Facebook and then into your spotify account. Whenn you have the same Problem , change you FB password and do the same procedure this works for me , 100 % 😉

Julie22macy - Could you email in at all? We should be able to sort this out on your account, as your issue may be a little different.

To get in touch, scroll up and click on "About us", and then "contact form".
Airhorn Enthusiast

I got the same problem. I doesn't reqognice My premium account.

Hi Zalina - Your case is a bit different. All that's happened here is your last Premium payment couldn't go through successfully. 

Also, I should note your Premium is linked to an account set up via your Facebook. Your 'zalina' account is completely separate and is still Free. 

First things first, please make sure your credit card meets all of the following requirements: 

1. Your card must not have expired. If you have received a new card, please update your card details on your Subscription page

2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. 

3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).

4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

5. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

Once you have checked all of the above, please subscribe again. If you'd like to upgrade 'Zalina' instead the FB account, just sign in with that username (not your email address) and your Spotify password. 

I also recommend checking out Richard's post here about duplicate accounts. 

Same here...I have had no access to my Spotify Premium account for over 2 weeks on my iPhone app.  I have restarted my iPhone, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, and still no success.  I emailed Spotify Customer Support and no one has gotten back to me in 5 days.  I am extremely upset with Spotify's lack of responsiveness from Customer Support.

I e-mailed yesterday but still no reply. I am travelling tomorrow and will be very dissapointed if I have no Spotify for at least 2 weeks when I am away. I have a receipt showing my payment and my online account says I have an 'active premium subscription'.

Suggested posts