Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App is automatically synced to an old date

Solved!

App is automatically synced to an old date

I'm using Spotify Premium on an iPhone 6 on iOS 11.4.1.

Basically, when I open Spotify when I'm online, my playlists don't have any updates from the past few weeks. It's as if they're synced to a date in the past. After a few minutes, the app does update and find the rest of my playlists, but it's problematic if you're in an area with bad service.

For example, I have on playlist that has 661 songs currently. However, any time I open my app, it says it only has 638 and only shows songs that I added up to a few weeks ago. After a few minutes, it finds the "missing" 23 songs and adds them to playlist. How can I fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I’d also recommend updating to iOS 12.1 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I’d also recommend updating to iOS 12.1 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Deleting and reinstalling worked! Thanks!

Suggested posts