Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App is crashing continuously

App is crashing continuously

Hi,

I had a lot of trouble recently and it keeps going... Spotify App(ver 1.7.0.2390) is not working on an iPhone4s (7.1.2), sometimes it finally starts but the app is running very slowly and i can't change my song : makes the app crashing again.

All the musics are synchronized, i tried to factory reset my device. It didn't change anything.

Is it a common problem or is it just me? Do you have some tips?

Thank you 🙂

6 Replies

Hi,

I am updating in order to help people with the same problem. Actually the app is working perfectly when the music is not synchronized. So you can use/launch the app !

But i'd prefer my music to be sync. ! Please Spotify update it ! 🙂

Hey @AcidWolfpack have you already tried a full clean reinstallation?

When you opened the app right after the clean reinstallation...

1. Did the app crash immediately the first time you opened it? Or were you able to open it and try to perform a function beofre it crashed?

2. Before it crashed did you see the Login screen or did you see the app as though you were already signed in? 

If you could answer those questions immediately after the reinstall it would be a great help. Thank you!

I'm able to open it after a clean install. Sync my playlists. Then Play music. I get into my car and play my offline playlists. I get into work and launch the app and it crashes right after the Spotify logo. 7.1 and 8.0 both have this issue with my iphone 5. This has been happening since version 1.7.0 How do I get 1.6.0 back??? I personally think the Ford SYNC addition hosed it. I thought maybe it only happened when I played my music through my Pioneer car stereo but that does not appear to be the culprt. I manage software support teams for a living, so believe me I've been all over the QA spectrum trying to figure out what I can do to prevent the crashing. I NEED MY MUSIC 😞

Hi, thank's for your reply Meredith.

Sure I tryed a complete clean installation : I reset my Device (iPhone4s) and delete spotify.

After a clean installation I can use the app correctly and completly I can listen to music, search fot it, ...

It's only crashing when all my artists and some playlists are synchronized, and when it happens I can see the app loading for about 5seconds and then It crash every times.

Spotifty doesn't seem to work at all with the new iOS 8. I've deleted and reinstalled it several times. It seems, according to the app reviews, that I'm not the only one with this problem. The splash screen shows up, then the app crashes...every single time. Never even got to the login screen. I'm a premium member, not that it matters. What is being done or can be done to fix this?

Hey guys, we're aware of an issue affecting some users on iOS at the moment. We're hard at work on a fix and apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime.

We're going to keep everyone updated in this thread. So we're going to lock this thread to avoid any confusion. 

Please do keep your reports coming in via the main thread. The more information we've got to work with, the better.

Thanks!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts